Compound xbow brand

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DaveShooter

Re: Compound xbow brand

Post by DaveShooter »

Danny is a holding one of the new Stryker/Offsprings for me too. Couldn't stand or take it any longer- Still love my Excal bows and the off spring is part or half of the Excal family too :D :D :D
bikerbob24

Post by bikerbob24 »

SEW wrote:What brand/model of a compound xbow(s) do you own in addition to your Exclibur(s)? The reason for asking is wondering is self tuning is a major factor(Mission - can be done w/o a press) or maximum speed/etc -possibly a Scorpyd. I own one Bowteck xbow(Sol 350) , sent as a replacement for a non-repairable Strykeorce, that I have on permanent loan to a friend. So please post what compound you have, if any, or what one you'd like if any even if you don't have it or couldn't afford it.

Solution 350
Well I have 4 excals , but have been thinking maybe a Hickory Creek Mini just for the fun of it..I used to shoot only tenpoint back in the day. While they are good crossbows they are way to hard for me to work on since my stroke. I have a press and all the good stuff that goes with that, living in the boondocks being able to make strings and service what you shoot is a must...
Micro 335
Nightmare 335
Matrix 330
Axiom
Vixenmaster Flemish Strings
K-9 handler and trainer , K-9 Baily my partner for 7 years, we are now retired , spending our time hunting & fishing or just enjoying life.
Talltines

Post by Talltines »

coolhl wrote:
flightattendant100 wrote:
Boo wrote:I have a Wicked Ridge Raider, 150 SZ, 320 Mission and a 150 Ventilator. I sold my RDT 150 and 165.
I would direct you to Scorpyd because of the over all quality and support. I own a Last Chance press but none of the Scorpyds have ever had to go on that press. Yet, the Raider and SZ have (both have crappy strings). I see the biggest advantage of the Scorpyds is the longer stroke, making it more efficient with heavier payloads and the personal support of Jim Kempf.
Having said that, all compounds bore me. I love my Excaliburs! :D
Stay tuned to see what comes of the Bowtech Offspring. From what I hear and see, they may just become one of the best compound bows made. Every time I talk to Danny Miller, he tells me how much he loves his. He's wearing me down and I may/will succumb to the calling! :mrgreen:
BTW, at this point and time, I would not buy a Ten Point. Their current situation is precarious at best. Looking at the numbers, their recall could send them to the poor house. :shock: Sucks to be them!
Don, if you would pull the trigger( pun intended) on a new Offspring, you could have it at Boofest for everyone to try :lol:
Brian, two questions:
1)why do most Scorpyd owners say they need a bow press to change CABLES when this video clearly shows both string AND cables can be changed without a press; AND if that is true doesn't that mean by twisting or untwisting a cable you can time the cams? (go to about 2:30 on the video)
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2333357
2)which do you prefer to take hunting, your Excal 405 or your Scorpyd?
thanks,
norm
Norm I would have to plead guilty in not knowing for sure about cables as I just thought you can just change strings but needed a press to change the cables. I have done strings on my scorpyd for sure but never the cables. I would also assume by twisting the cables you would be In turn timing the cams.

I love LOVE LOVE scorpyd and the RDT platform. To me it's the best out there it just has too much going for it.

Now choosing between the 405 and the scorpyd is one of the tuffest decisions for me to make. I guess if I am in my ground blind where shots are closer my 405 gets the nod 95% of the time. If I am 25' up where longer shots are possible it's the scorpyd that tags along.

My belief is SO opposite of wildcatter it's not funny. I love the speed I get to decrease the TOF ( time of flight) to the target. My scorpyd is also extremely accurate at way off targets. But I will say there are two things that wildcatter is right is about BH and you just can't pick something that looks cool as speed reveals lots of flaws a slow bow ignores. Vanes are the second thing that will come to light if it's not the right type you will notice at the range. But when you have everything dialed in which really isn't that much it's THOR'S HAMMER.

Deer here in NJ walk looking up lol. They also react like they have just been jolted with electric wire. So the speed which has already been proven to me is totally worth every bit of testing which is fun and is so under appreciated by the many. It's fine though as I am happy will will ALWAYS have a Scorpyd in my garage. Maybe not this one but some scorpyd will hang in my garage. To me for compound x bows it will only be scorpyd.

All the best

Brian
Scorpyd SLP 165. For now but not for long
New Matrix 405

T/C Encore's MGM 14" 445 supermag
Gary Reeder 16" 41 GNR #2 Encore
Hobie Outback for hitting the Salt.

Too many hobbies and never enough time
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I have failed to say I do have a Buckmaster/Maxpoint. It was flbuckmasters, I have sent it back to Dr. Miller for new string and cables. Shoots like a dream, same speed as an Exomax with much less cocking effort. Much fun :D
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Being very new to Crossbows, and not having a back-up on hand for my 355 while in Elk Camp or across the state and 6 hours from home while hunting Mule Deer this comming season, I just today sent off $ for " new in the box" Parker Buck-buster 150 with a scope and quiver, along with the warranty registration card.

Parker says I can register it in my name for the lifetime warranty which was in effect when this bow was built in 2011. This was possible since it was still new and never used nor registered.

I realize it's not another xcal. Which at this point I can not afford. However, with the lifetime warranty, great price, and at 315 fps., too me this made it a no-brainer.

BTW, before the purchase I did an extensive amount of reading on this discontinued model... While the Buck-buster 175 had more bad posts concerning broken limbs and failed servings than I cared to read, the 150 came thru with "Flying Colors" and great comments on it's much better trigger while still preforming as an excellent model for hunting.

I guess I'll find out next week when she gets here how she works. :D

Gene

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier