M405

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SEW

Re: M405

Post by SEW »

For us with M380s and M405s and any other xbow, change involves the cost between what can be gotten for the previous xbow and the new one.
I came to Excalibur for a # of reasons, one of which is stopping being on the non-stop path of trading up. I like the appearance of the Bullpup 400. However, since I already have an optimized 405, I'm staying with it. If I didn't have a higher power Excalibur xbow, I'd likely get a BP 400.
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

SEW wrote:For us with M380s and M405s and any other xbow, change involves the cost between what can be gotten for the previous xbow and the new one.
I came to Excalibur for a # of reasons, one of which is stopping being on the non-stop path of trading up. I like the appearance of the Bullpup 400. However, since I already have an optimized 405, I'm staying with it. If I didn't have a higher power Excalibur xbow, I'd likely get a BP 400.
X2 !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Boo

Post by Boo »

SEW wrote:For us with M380s and M405s and any other xbow, change involves the cost between what can be gotten for the previous xbow and the new one.
You're right about the trading up thing. These bows don't make you feel like trading up, they make you want another! :mrgreen:
All kidding aside, many members buy a second or even third rather than trade, which speaks highly of the first bow.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

I'm with you sew, I say it over and over, but still saying I really cant see either 380 going anywhere. The 405 so far I am very happy with, accurate, and so far reliable,, I didn't buy any of em intending to sell,,,, I'm hunter not a dealer. If I thought I could finder a better hunting bow for my type of hunting, I would have one tomorrow. Right now I think these are the best hunting bows on the planet!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
SEW

Post by SEW »

With 2 fully optimized Matrix crossbows, extra limbs, extra triggers(the removed factory triggers), extra strings, backup optimizer/scope already sighted in (405), a good supply of arrows and broadheads, I'm not concerned about being "bowless". I'm not interested in loaning or letting anyone else use one of these though. I'm much more meticulous with my stuff that most others are.
I've thought about getting a "spare" crossbow that is "fool proof", easy to use, durable, accurate, i.e. : very user friendly and indestructible. A loner crossbow when needed. Have been thinking about a Vortex (or Matrix 330), Diablos, Boltcutters, Twilight scope(or whatever Excal scope is best).
If I had no xbow, the BP400 would likely be at the top of my list.