At least I heard a deer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sproulman

Re: pennsylvania herd is down

Post by sproulman »

sonnyboy wrote:Well, I am starting to get real tired hearing some guys on private large farms bragging that they see too many deer. The general population of hunters on public hunting grounds see nothing, or if they do, they kill every doe they see. These are the same people who say, if you don't take them, somebody else will!....sheesh. Back in the 60's an 70's, I could go on any land anywhere,an see twenty or thirty deer in a day. Now! you can hunt for 20 or 30 days an not see a deer. The game commission keeps telling the hunters, that there is too many deer, an they must be thinned out.........I guy can get 3 or 4 bonus tags a season to kill doe's constantly......Why can't it be like the good old days an you can only get one deer a year then your finished regardless of extra tags you draw!.......Game commission sets the rules, sell more permits.......damn!!!!
Then Philly hunters come to wmu2g clinton county they have 3 doe from philly each..Then they kill another doe in my area that i let go so we have deer..ITS NOT RIGHT ..They are disgusting fill freezer meat hunters that are ruining our deer hunting here in wmu2g of pa..

We have bill HB2083 to try to stop this but PGC/DCNR is spending money to stop it ....Wisconsin will soon see what deer management is all about GARY ALT is out thereto show the hunters how to kill 4 doe ,it will be end to their hunting soon on publicland...
cadmaster

Re: At least I heard a deer

Post by cadmaster »

Was out this morning for the first time in a couple of weeks. One inch of new snow and -4 C. the snow finished up around 10 pm last night. today should have been great everything was right, wind, timing, snow, etc. and not a track anywhere. this spot has been great for many years, but not today. At least I enjoyed the trip out.