BD Models 2017

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

racking up points

Re: BD Models 2017

Post by racking up points »

To me, the new 380 BD looks like crap! A drab olive mainframe looks dumb.

The suppressor has more useless stuff slapped on it than it needs but at least it's a step in the right direction... there is finally a full camo Micro, (about two years after I made my MicroMax XTRA).

If someone really wanted to convert a Matrix or a Micro to bullpup setup, it's definitely doable if a person had the correct stock and trigger linkage.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

L. E. Carroll wrote:Personally, I was not all that impressed with the Bull Dog design and it's trigger and linkage set-up. Besides I love camo bows and the pictures of the two new models I saw were Blackouts.

Having my "soon to be discontinued models", :roll: which consist of my Gen 2 micro 335 (in my case Gen 1), Matrix 355 and a Matrix 380 (me also) models with their excellent scope up-grades, ( the 4 dozen plus arrows and 3 dozen plus broadheads I have on hand, ) I'll be more than happy to spend the remainder of my Xbow days in the woods with these old friends.

Heck, I'm gonna be a discontinued model down the road soon also.
In the mein time I'll just be happy sit around the campfire and reminisce our old hunts with them. ( My 3 Excal buddies that is ) :wink:

BTW, 3 weeks ago my wife and I were required by circumstances, to take a 16 year old grandson into live with us for the fore-see-able future.. Being retired on a "Medical" and with the income that involves, :cry: my bow buying days are over. :roll:

Gene

....I, like you Gene, am happy with what I have...and see no need to add or upgrade....I have more than I will ever need!....I find owning CB's like politics...."The newest kid on the block will make a change but we soon realize it is not much different from what we already have!"....

.....BTW, like you we now have 2 nephew brothers living in our home...one going to a local community school and his older brother....well that is a story for another day.....they are my wife's brother's kids (20 and 30)....need I say more....maybe you and I should get a cabin somewhere in the hunting woods! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

racking up points wrote:To me, the new 380 BD looks like crap! A drab olive mainframe looks dumb.

The suppressor has more useless stuff slapped on it than it needs but at least it's a step in the right direction... there is finally a full camo Micro, (about two years after I made my MicroMax XTRA).

If someone really wanted to convert a Matrix or a Micro to bullpup setup, it's definitely doable if a person had the correct stock and trigger linkage.
The all camo Micro looks cool. I hope they offer it in a 335 or 315 version as well... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Anthony,

I already live in a nice 2 story cabin in the woods on acreage, but would be wiling to ship the wife and grandson to your place and offer you the master bedroom in exchange... You see I'm real used to sleeping in the small loft bedroom... :roll: :cry:

Did I mention Blacktail deer in the back yard and Elk less than 10 miles away :wink:

Now, back to these new 2017 models, I'm only guessing, but is the BD 380 pretty much a re-labeled BD 400 ? I ask as many say it shoots in the range as our present Matrix 380 bows.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Gene i think yer gonna see the BD 400 n the BD 380, plus the Micro 355 Suppressor. Bet a dime to a dollar the 335 will be there n the 315. You will see maybe a BD 360 n a BD 335. They are jus goin to the bullpup design. The new stock setup has found favor as has the new reEng. Riser limb set-up
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

I hope this has Frank at TT working on a specific linkage trigger for BP's. He did mention earlier this year he was thinking about it. This should increase demand for sure and I hope enough to get him building one. The current TT will work but the linkage is the factory system connected to the TT trigger.
I do agree as to what the difference would be to 380BP and 400BP would hardly make it worthwhile - call it the 390BP and combine the two. I have both and the difference with same arrow is under 10 fps on mine. Don't get me wrong, I love them both and I much prefer reliable to threshold.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

L. E. Carroll wrote:Anthony,

I already live in a nice 2 story cabin in the woods on acreage, but would be wiling to ship the wife and grandson to your place and offer you the master bedroom in exchange... You see I'm real used to sleeping in the small loft bedroom... :roll: :cry:

Did I mention Blacktail deer in the back yard and Elk less than 10 miles away :wink:

Now, back to these new 2017 models, I'm only guessing, but is the BD 380 pretty much a re-labeled BD 400 ? I ask as many say it shoots in the range as our present Matrix 380 bows.

Gene
....you gotta deal Gene...starting to pack as we speak :lol: :lol: :lol: ....I have not done anything scientific but the one time we Chrony'd the BD shooting a 420g arra (this past summer with RogerThat) I believe it was clocked at 350fps....that also was with a flemish string....quite honestly I was disappointed after all of the hype....

....I believe SEW who does things a little more scientific was getting closer to 375-380....and the rub is that the 400 is really a 380....if I recall correctly my 380 was shooting around the same as the 400 but again it is not scientific, I believe the arra was around 390 and it was with my Chrony....

....I happen to LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about my "....BadaBing 8) !" .....styling, finish, etc....don't see myself ever getting rid of the Gen 1.

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
ROGER THAT

Post by ROGER THAT »

So My Bulldog Is Shooting 390 FPS With a 350 Grain Arrow Seems Fast Enough To Me :) :)
That's Only 11 FPS Slower Then My 405 :D :D :D
>>====>
Work Hard Hunt Harder
Matrix 380 Xtra (Serenity)
Matrix 405 (cwn annwn)
Matrix Bulldog 400 (Acwellen)
Matrix Grizzly (Armel)
Micro 355 (Siofra)
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Only 390 :) be movin along don't it