Right down to the wire ! ( edit , added picture )

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

Post by wabi »

RJ
They're predicting a high of 62F/17C here tomorrow! Very wet, and not much moving. I was out scouting this afternoon and saw very little fresh sign. A few had been in the bean field last night, but it's a mud hole right now. I wouldn't want to even try to drag one across it right now, it would be slip & slide or sink depending on where you were :lol:
My best guess is that they are bedding in the dense cedar stands with this wet weather, but I didn't push in to them today. If the weather stays this warm & wet I may try the ladder stand we have near a cedar covered hillside bordering a hardwoods stand. The climber is set up about 30 yards inside the hardwoods, and it even has a roof over it.......
Hmmmmm..... guess where I'll be tomorrow evening :lol: :lol: :lol: (it's not a good morning location, but it covers one afternoon route they sometimes use to exit the bedding area) :wink:
wabi
RJ not logged in

Post by RJ not logged in »

wabi : 30+ more days to go :shock: ! .... you sound like you have them patterned ! Keep us posted ..... Good luck , I hope the weather agrees with you !

We had freezing rain this a.m. .... many accidents on the way into work ! Rain the rest of the day .... looking real green right now !

Also all the doggy doo that got hidden by the snow is starting to show :x

Good thing our season is over .... I got lots of catch up work to do now !

Post by Guest »

Holy Cow RJ!! You're stacking em' up like cord wood in the late season.
CONGRATS to you!!! Looks like you're gonna have to put on another addition to make room for all the new mounts. :wink:
RJ not logged in

Post by RJ not logged in »

Carl : We put some time in this week and got lucky on a few occations ! It was a good way to end the season ! As for an addition .... I don't think my wife is thinking along the same lines !! :lol: :lol: The racks will look good in my garage collection ! My wife thinks I have too many in the house already :lol: :lol:
BUCKSHOT

Way to Go!

Post by BUCKSHOT »

Another testament to your dedication!
I wasn't just being nice when I said you are the epitamy of a sportsman R.J! The reward of hard work and understanding are yours for sure!
Happy B-Day as well, old boy! :wink:
Enjoy the Harvest!
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

Nice bucks ya got there.
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Frank : I felt like an " old boy " a few nights after trecking all day on the snow shoes ! I'm only 44 .... we got guys in our group 62-65 .... they still keep us in line ! I hope I will still be pounding the trails loaded down with gear , drag out deer , hump thru the swamps and cedars as well as they do when I'm 60 + !!!!

Man it seemed like forever to get to 40 .... 41 , 42 , 43 , 44 went by like a blink of an eye !! :shock:

wildwindom : If I recall .... your dad an you did your part to " thin the herd " in your area ! We all got some tastey venison to get us thru till next season ! :lol: :lol:
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "