Meet and Greet 3D Shoot?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

What an awesome turn out! This was a great idea Matt.
Turns out the muzzle loader guys have a shoot at the club the same day, however it has no bearing on us, besides the cabin.
"Eats" or any other form of food is a bonus, we can hang around and talk shop for as long as we want, indoors, and in a heated hall. Again, the club is at our disposal, we can shoot, eat, drink and carry on any way we desire. For those that are used to a city based range are in for a pleasant surprise.
Any food or drinks will just be a bonus, and will be appreciated. Once there we will have full control of the the 3D, and then full control of the indoors. This is a club, if you want to bring any other form of firearm it will be safe and likely shot. :D

*Edit, I will bring a big box of donuts for everyone.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

I might bring the shotgun and shoot a couple rounds of skeet or trap, anyone else in for that?

Also, I will bring a pack of my deer sausage, around 10 sausages, Is a BBQ is available?

Matt
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

Pydpiper
VixChix
subneural
one shot scott
Wheelie
Unclefester
mtbyak
dutchhunter
Schnarrfuss
Bowster
Fule80guy(maybe)
Beerwolf
Benu(maybe)
TPM
N8tr Boy(maybe)
Dirty Gun(from the Ontario Hunting Lodge Forum)

Going to be great, I hope it good weather.

Matt
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Scott Archery Release

Straightshooter

Post by Straightshooter »

If it's not to far i might be able to make it too. This will be my first 3D shoot. We're is the club located.
mtbyak

Post by mtbyak »

I will bring some summer sausage & pepperettes :)

Shoot Straight
Kirk

PS: I will let you know with by Monday if my 21yo daughter will come out to watch/entertain the youngsters while mom/dad are shooting :wink:
A bad day hunting, is better then a good day of work
subneural

Post by subneural »

I'll bring along some apple cider and (store-bought) sausages for the BBQ. I'll also pack the shotgun should we decide to shoot some clays as well.

I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone! One request - can either directions or the club address be posted? Google maps and/or my GPS should be able to handle the rest :)
Boo-strung, GroundPounded and Varizoned Phoenix, sold.
PSE Brute X pushing Easton Flatlines topped with Rage 3-blades.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Directions on this link.
I am sure there is a BBQ there, but it may be winterized

Something else to consider, this has grown from a few guys shooting to a fair sized bunch of people walking the course. Something to think about is a small entry fee that can be done in a 50/50 so the club can get something out of it too. Maybe even some form of a shooting contest. Certainly not something that has to be done, but it may not be a bad idea.
It is unlikely there will be anyone at the club to run the clay machine guys.

We will bring some sausages too, some buns and donuts to toss in to the mix. Now my 2 daughters will be with their Grandparents, my son, 6 and wife will be joining me.

http://www.oxfordfishandgame.com/Direct ... ctions.htm
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

I'd be more than happy to put in a entry fee, you dont find this too often where you get that kind of hospitality for free. 50/50 sounds great, winner of the shoot gets it, most points added up.

Matt
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Scott Archery Release

subneural

Post by subneural »

DropTine wrote:I'd be more than happy to put in a entry fee, you dont find this too often where you get that kind of hospitality for free. 50/50 sounds great, winner of the shoot gets it, most points added up.

Matt
x2
Boo-strung, GroundPounded and Varizoned Phoenix, sold.
PSE Brute X pushing Easton Flatlines topped with Rage 3-blades.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Great, thanks guys, it doesn't have to be a substantial contribution, just something to thank the club for letting us beating up the targets.
Lots of ways to divvy up the funds while keeping it all fair. :D
Even pulling a name from a hat would work, that way even the less than experienced have a good shot at it.
On another note, club aside, some small contests for fun would be interesting, $1 an arrow closest to bullseye, 50 yards. Winner takes all.
WMU 91
Boo string
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

I'm busy on Jan 3rd ... but I'm going to try to get away for an hour or so to stop by the club and get a picture of every individual shooter ...

Will put together a photo journal to post on the forum ...

Hope to see ya'll on the 3rd ..
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I'm think I will be busy that day looking at puppies.. Wish I could make it though.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
TPM

Post by TPM »

An entry fee is a great idea. I'm sure the club will appreciate any income they can get from this event (it really has turned into an event!).
So, subnueral, mtbyk, Bowster and Schnarrfuss, look forward to seeing you guys again. The rest I look forward to meeting for the first time! RJ, I hope you can make it to do some pics. :D
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
dutchhunter

meet

Post by dutchhunter »

i would love to see some kids out as well maby we could get some of them as well as wifes shooting supervised of coures i will be bringing my two girls as well as the better half DUTCH
dutchhunter

meet

Post by dutchhunter »

i used to go the the club for turkey shoots all the time growing up with my dad and freinds do thy still have the stuff set up for this event could be more fun DUTCH