I feel Like giving up

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

michiganman

heads

Post by michiganman »

im not with you on fixed blade heads,i will take a larger cut head,if its a good one any day on a marginal hit.any head in the goodies is a downed deer,but for marginal hits ill take a big cut head.i am bassing it on the last 50 whitetails we as a family have shot and recovered.including 4 gut shot deer recovered,just my opinon,but for my family of 6 ,we not changing back.JIM
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Throphy Ridge advisory staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado
michiganman

hunting

Post by michiganman »

all you can do is give it your best,and move on.If the deer did not make it,it feeds many annimals in there own food chain,nothing gets waisted,JIM
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

bojangles wrote:I have hutned this property for 4 years and have not seen 1 coyote..or heard one for that matter.They are probably around but ive never seen them....
Down here in the southern part of the state you can hear the song dogs every night. My wife and I sit on the deck having a cocktail and they serenade us. That is the enjoyable part.

The part I don't enjoy is that any deer you do not recover and is left overnight is hit by the yotes right away. There is not much left when you find the carcass in the morning.

The population is exploding down here.
michiganman

hunting

Post by michiganman »

hoping to make my first ohio hunt in november,muskinggum county,i think.

when ohio rut,wont make it down till nov 15th
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado