Free string! Angel Majesty Endless Loop String Test

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hester0305

Re: Free string! Angel Majesty Endless Loop String Test

Post by Hester0305 »

Well I started testing my new string the last couple of days and have shot about 50 times. The string has settled in and there seems to be no more creep. I noticed while shooting the string it seemed a good bit louder and there was more vibration in my Vortex. I switched the strings out this afternoon and shot my JBK endless loop string about 8 times and sure enough there is a noticable difference in noise and vibration between the 2 strings. The JBK string chronos about 2 to 3 feet per second slower than the string I received from Don.

I shot 10 shots through my Pro chrono with Dons string, and here are the results with a Carbon Express Pile Driver 379 gr. arrow and a Carbon Express Crossbolt 407 gr. arrow.

Pile Driver 379 gr. 323,323,322,322,321
Crossbolt 407 gr. 312,313,313,312,312

The serving held up great on Don's string but I did notice this afternoon that there the serving near the endless loop has started to seperate a little.

I'm going to shoot some more in a couple of days and see if anything changes with the string. We are expecting close to 100 degree weather this weekend this should be a great test on the string. I'll keep everyone posted on my results.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Normous

Post by Normous »

If you go back to page #2 you will see that I was putting this Angel Majesty sting through a temperature torture test. When I received this string I noticed Don was saving money on postage since this string was very light at 97 grains. Was this light weight string safe, I asked my self?

I kept this string on the Equinox and cocked for two weeks and shot 4 sessions of 10 shots each after leaving my Equinox cocked on some hot shingles for between 1-3 hours. Next I shot 4 sessions after a string freezer soak for 8-20 hours. So that's eight trials in 8 days. I closed my eyes and puckered a bit preparing for the first frozen string shot at 95 degrees and humid. How did this string do?

Hot or cold this sting did not miss a beat I discovered. The puckering soon stopped and I give Don's string a 10/10 weather grade.

With string dampers like the S5 the vibration signature was less than I thought. Without any S5 or whiskers the string shock and noise would be noticeable. So, with this string I recommend the S5.

Shooting one foot from my chrono displayed a consistent 344fps with a 375 grain arrow. Without the high heat and humidity factor this reading would have been certainly faster with better air conditions.
With a 350 grain arrow I would have been at the 350fps mark that day.

I might add that string creep/stretch was minimal. This creates a positive situation to reduce serving separation the way I see it. Excalibur strings are elastic and can/do creep and stretch. This reduces bundle diameter and then possible serving separation.
Angel Majesty material just may be the right components for a better string, we shall see.

I am about 110 shots in and so far this string is performing very well. I am wondering if our string maker will offer this style of string in the future. When I look at the serving on the center serving and end loops I wondering how one develops the skill to do this. Will this string be costly to make? Will it last longer than his current strings? I really don't think this AM experimental sting is the last from Don.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I shot the string some more this past weekend with temps close to 100. I put 25 shots on it and everything is still holding up fine, the center serving is doing great. This definitely is a good string and good serving.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
timbikeride

Post by timbikeride »

I'm late to the test, but I put the endless string on my Vortex last night. This evening the sting had setteled in with a little stretch as you'd expect from any new string. I chronoed the old Flemish string with 410 grain bolts and 328 grain bolts. The 410's averaged 317.2 fps and the 328's averaged 327.9. After shooting a few shots on the endless string to let things settle in, it averaged 317.7 fps and 327.7 fps. I was kind of shocked the two strings averaged this close. After about 30 shots the string and serving looked fine. I plan to let it sit for a couple days then check string stretch and put a lot more shots through it to check for wear.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

timbikeride wrote:I chronoed the old Flemish string with 410 grain bolts and 328 grain bolts. The 410's averaged 317.2 fps and the 328's averaged 327.9.
:shock: :shock:

Just in case you don't know. ....The recommended minimum arrow weight is 350 grains. Shooting anything under that is akin to "dry-firing" and you risk damaging your Vortex, not to mention voiding your warranty.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
JHunter

Post by JHunter »

I received my string from Boo. I put in on my Vortex. I stretched the string for half of a day. Then the next day I shot it about 25 times, and it seemed pretty good, but there was a little noise and vibration in it. The Excalibur FFF string that I have has less vibration and noise. I then shot it another 25 times, using carbon express maxima arrows, which weigh .385 grains. I shot through the chronograph and the results were quite impressive for speed compared to the Excal FFF.
Results:
Thanks Boo for letting me try out the string.
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

I put 25 shots down range with the angel majesty string sunday, thats 175 total & starting to see a little wear on the serving. I took the string off to flip it around and put some wear on the other side of the serving & noticed a little separation on one of the end loops.
Still getting an average of around 312fps out of my vortex with a 393gr arrow. :?
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

Don,
Thank you for allowing me to participate in your studies.
To date I am just shy of 200 shots on the string. I noticed as soon as I opened the package the string seemed much lighter. It was evening so I had none of my gear out and just wanted to get the string on the crossbow and get it stretched as soon as possible.

I only took 6 shots that first evening and the most prominent thing that stood out in my mind was that the crossbow seemed to have a lot of excess limb vibration after the shot, and thus a little louder. My POI (shooting offhand) seemed the same and that was about it for that brief session.

Getting down to business the next day, I set up my chronograph and dB meter.
The string had stretched considerably and the brace height was way down with the string well embedded into my S5s. I made the adjustments and get it back to about .060 (or so) off the S5s and was ready.

I shoot an Exomax (225lb draw wt.) and I was using a Gold Tip II with Blazer vanes and 100gr. field tips for my arrow selection this day. I logged about 60 shots before I had some drop-ins (company) and had to stop.

Essentially, here is what I discovered from this and two additional sessions.

The Angel majesty string gives me 5-7fps more speed than my Boo custom. It is louder by 3-4dB than my regular Boo custom. Although the string is a little louder, I'm still puzzled by the seemingly long duration of excess limb vibration. I can feel it all the way into the buttstock.

As of 193 shots, the serving is in decent shape. I have rotated it 3 times 180-degrees. I have kept it well saturated with Daltons and although some fuzz is prevailent, there are no separations at this point. There are flat spots, but no gaps. (I have polished string claws ) It has exhibited stretching in similar fashion to any other string I've used, both your customs and Excal factory offerings.

If I were to compare it to the Strings you have already made for me, I would stay with the traditional Boo type due to the noise and vibration levels being much less. The speed gained is of no concern to me but I realize many shooters would be very happy with that aspect. Let me know if you want the string back at any time for your own evaluation. I do plan to shoot it until it needs to be re-served and take a total shot count at that point. I will post again when I get to that level of shot count.
In the Wind.......
lswoody

Post by lswoody »

Got the string earlier this week and started shooting thurs. shot approx 30 shots. Then today shot about 40 or so more times. Very little if any string stretch. Put about 6 twist to start off with. And added one more twist before shooting today. Speeds with the flemish was just under 329, but with the angel magesty string it zings the arrows just a little over 338!!!!! I like it!!!! So far wear is almost non-existent.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Dash

Post by Dash »

Clocked up about 160 shots during an archery comp today including practice shots on Boo's Brownell XS2 string. Its holding up well, center serving still looking good too. Had to adjust brace height a couple of times, but taking into account the lower strand count it had compared to the angel string its shooting very consistantly and had less vibration than the angel string. I haven't got as many shots on the angel yet.
Gamikatsu

Post by Gamikatsu »

Alright...

here is my final take on this string.

For starters i absolutly love it. it is an amazing string. I noticed quite a few things with it.

1: very little stretch (ok i'm lying, it has no stretch after the first break in)
2: very consistent speed and i mean very....
3: after 300+ shots i can't tell its been used... minimal serving wear if at all, all i can see is a flat spot.
4: i love it.
5: its beating up my S5 pretty bad..... (just bought the S5 today, and i'm holding about a buisiness card of air between string and pad) not sure what that means.

the shot cycle is quite a bit different than other strings. at first, it seemed very quiet and awesome... then it started getting louder, and more vibrating in the limbs. i went and bought an S5 today, and started shooting, it calmed it a lot, but still pretty loud. i am going to serve some cat whiskers on about 4" in from the limb tips on each side and see if that makes a difference. unless this string gives me a problem... i am going to keep using it. My biggest bonus is how it doesn't stretch with the heat outside. in the 95 degree Georgia heat, my Danny Miller Excal FFF string stretched 1/4 of an inch of brace height in an hour... it has so many twists on it, but in and of itself, that is an amazing string (the FFF miller string) bhe Angel Majesty string, just rocks. my FFF string is wound up in my hunting pack with my stringing aid and is my backup, until my Boo Flemish arrives.... ****Stern look at Mr Don**** ok ok ok, just kidding... Don un-bury yourself from strings and get outside!
GAMIKATSU///Edward

Excalibur MEGA 405
440 GN BE Zombie Slayer
379 FPS over prochrono digital
140 Foot Lbs Kinetic Energy
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

I keep my string 1/8 to 3/16ths from rubbers, any closer will and I'll say it again damage the rubbers, that's the smack you here, credit card width is to close and you folks that are doing that check your rubbers.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
lswoody

Post by lswoody »

The last 2-3weeks i've shot 150 plus shots with the am string. I've not had anymore string stretch and the serving wear is so minimal, its almost unseen. It has maintained a speed on average of 338!!!! Got to say this is a great string and serving combo!!!!
Proverbs 3:5-6