HOOT

Re: crossbow tech tips

Post by HOOT »

Don't forget about the yardage indicators on the bottom post of your scope. :(
Never give up!
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

acraglas release agent comes a little jar in rifle glass bedding kits and you can coat the arms of bolt fletchers where the vanes set and no sticking ever.it,s like a real thin liquid rubber that can be thined with water to make it super thin. I just use a qtip to apply . just in case you get to much glue on your vanes at times and the arms pull the fletching off as you open it as I do!!!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

HOOT wrote:Don't forget about the yardage indicators on the bottom post of your scope. :(

And the horizontal arrows/chevrons on the scope are for leading on a deer
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Nighthunter

Post by Nighthunter »

Wow! More great tips! Thanks!!!
"The only difference between mediocrity and excellence is effort!" M.T. Walton
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

One of the things that wears center servings is to OVER cock the bow meaning to keep pullin' on the rope cocker after the point where it is behind the latch.Having been told of this I am very concious to only pull back until I hear the first click of the latches.However.... If somehow, you or someone else has put the safety into the "on" position..... Do you know how fast the rope cocker goes forward when you relax and quit pullin' ????? SHAZZZAM!! Maybe this will keep someone else from the same O' sh_t moment.
Gamikatsu

Post by Gamikatsu »

There are 3 products i use religously on firearms, air rifles, archery equipment, and more.

1. Militec-1 Synthetic lubricant (gun oil, but is the best all purpse lube, like 3+1 oil except can be heat treated and becomes a dry lube

2. Molybdenum disulfide grease (purchase this at honda parts counters, called M-77 assembly lube, the best trigger dope out there, not to mention anywhere else metal touches metal

3. Permatex brand, Silicone Dialectic grease (Grey tube, the stuff you use on spark plug boots, etc. on crossbows i use it as rail lube, put it on, 5-10 shots and it is gone, doesn't layer on and need cleaning off like wax. can and will stick to dirt and such... i put it on and periodically check for anything sticking to it.

just the stuff i use... have LOTS of different applications.
GAMIKATSU///Edward

Excalibur MEGA 405
440 GN BE Zombie Slayer
379 FPS over prochrono digital
140 Foot Lbs Kinetic Energy
copperjohn

Post by copperjohn »

If your sighting in ur bow, use a vise, sand bag, or a bag of corn. Take yourself out of the equation and let the bow do the work. I know its common sense for most folks, but I cannot count the the number of people who sight in their bow using an unsteady rest, hit the bulls eye after a couple of shots, and think its dead on the money. Go onto youtube and you'll see what I'm talking about. The same goes for shooting groups. If your not taking yourself out of the equation, then the bow didn't shoot a "2inch" group, you did.

When putting on a flemish string for the first time, make sure you have enough twists in it before installing it. If your unsure, put some more twists in it. If there arent enough twists in it, it'll unravel and you wont be able to use it.

Check you nocks before shooting!!! Especially the plastic ones. If you have a compound xbow, then dont just assume that if the cock vane is down, then the moon nock is perpendicular to it.

If you strip an allen head screw on ur scope mount b/c you used loctite ( blue), take a dremel and cut a slit in it. Use that "slit" to get it out with a flat head screw driver. If you used red loctite, then may god be with you. :lol: Red loctite is no fun. Get you a lighter or a heat gun to loosen up the loctite and itll come right out.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I shoot 3 D a lot so I use a lubing tube to slide the arrows in before each shot to help pull the arrows out easy. When I ran out of lube a friend of mine told me he was spraying his lube tube with Tire shine foam in a can and lubing his arrows. So thats what I use now in my lube tube it works great and very slick.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
robinhudda

Post by robinhudda »

diesel wrote:Keep your fingers and thumbs below the rail while shooting :shock:

HELLO Diesel what a jokes..
Crossbow used in the railways as well as bow is used for texas whitetail hunts ... In this places means Texas people are using crossbow for hunting of the whitetails deer.. For more clarification ..pls visit at this link..
http://www.star-s-ranch.com/whitetail-deer-hunting.php
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

robinhudda wrote: HELLO Diesel what a jokes..
Crossbow used in the railways as well as bow is used for texas whitetail hunts ... In this places means Texas people are using crossbow for hunting of the whitetails deer.. For more clarification ..pls visit at this link..
Hey SPAMMER, GO F yourself somewhere else.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
joe171

Post by joe171 »

Ont_Excal wrote:
robinhudda wrote: HELLO Diesel what a jokes..
Hey SPAMMER, GO F yourself somewhere else.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now that is a TIP :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
copperjohn

Post by copperjohn »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Best tip ive read so far.