mega Email

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

8ptbuk

Re: mega Email

Post by 8ptbuk »

Im sure you put one of your strings on the mega ? Was serving wear bad ? worsre than your 380 ? Same ? Did excal use a different string on this high poundage bow ? Sorry to ask so many ? but your the only one I know to have hands on with the Mega . :D
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Normous

Post by Normous »

The 405 uses the same BCY Dynaflight 97 string shared by the 355/380 according to the spec sheet. The Twilight DLX is packaged scope for the Mega.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Dash

Post by Dash »

I imagine the 400 would be acceptable to cock. I found the 380 much easier to cock than the equinox due to the shorter stroke. But the first thing I had to do was throw the insufficient length excal rope away, and replace it with a full length rope where the hooks could actually reach the string. I don't know what excal were thinking there supplying a cocking rope 4" short of reaching the string? With a full length rope your back is not bent right over when you're reaching the end of the cocking stroke, so there is no back strain.
Boo

Post by Boo »

8ptbuk wrote:Im sure you put one of your strings on the mega ? Was serving wear bad ? worsre than your 380 ? Same ? Did excal use a different string on this high poundage bow ? Sorry to ask so many ? but your the only one I know to have hands on with the Mega . :D
I have about 700 shots on my string and it looks pristine! All Matrix strings are the same.
I am not the only field tester and I got the green light to talk about it earlier today.
Ask away all you want.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Boo

Post by Boo »

Dash wrote:I imagine the 400 would be acceptable to cock. I found the 380 much easier to cock than the equinox due to the shorter stroke. But the first thing I had to do was throw the insufficient length excal rope away, and replace it with a full length rope where the hooks could actually reach the string. I don't know what excal were thinking there supplying a cocking rope 4" short of reaching the string? With a full length rope your back is not bent right over when you're reaching the end of the cocking stroke, so there is no back strain.
Dash, if you found the 380 easy to cock you'll find the 400 acceptable. People with bad back should consider a C2.
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Boo wrote:
8ptbuk wrote:Im sure you put one of your strings on the mega ? Was serving wear bad ? worsre than your 380 ? Same ? Did excal use a different string on this high poundage bow ? Sorry to ask so many ? but your the only one I know to have hands on with the Mega . :D
I have about 700 shots on my string and it looks pristine! All Matrix strings are the same.
I am not the only field tester and I got the green light to talk about it earlier today.
Ask away all you want.
Have you tested the 330 ? and what broadhead/s have you shot from the Mega ?
wcbarker

Post by wcbarker »

When will they be available??
what is the price tag???
Boo

Post by Boo »

onebigskittle wrote:
Boo wrote:
Ask away all you want.
Have you tested the 330 ? and what broadhead/s have you shot from the Mega ?
I got less than 1" with the G5 Strikers and 1.5" with the G5 Striker Magnums (1.5" cut). Both are fixed.
I do not have a 330 but I did have a rail cut down 1" shorter than a 355 like Hester did. Haven't shot it much but I let one of the members here fart around with it for a couple of months.
I wasn't so keen on shooting it much because I was busier than normal this year and I was also pretty consumed with trying to break the 405.
Normous

Post by Normous »

wcbarker wrote:When will they be available??
what is the price tag???
From the spec sheet:
- A Twilight DLX Scope and 30mm rings, a cheekpiece, a four-arrow quiver with bracket, four Diablo arrows, four 150-grain field points and a rope-cocking aid.
MAP $1299.99
The Matrix Mega 405 is also available as a bow only for those wishing to customize with their accessories. The bow-only package includes a cheekpiece, R.E.D.S., and Guardian Anti-Dry-Fire system.
MAP $929.99
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
Boo

Post by Boo »

what is the price tag???
No clue but I do know that Danny Miller will take orders for them.
It's cheaper than a Scorpyd that does the same speed but it'll be far more reliable! To change a string you don't have to take a picture of how the strings zig zag and go around and around.
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Have you tested the 330 ? and what broadhead/s have you shot from the Mega ?[/quote]
I got less than 1" with the G5 Strikers and 1.5" with the G5 Striker Magnums (1.5" cut). Both are fixed.
I do not have a 330 but I did have a rail cut down 1" shorter than a 355 like Hester did. Haven't shot it much but I let one of the members here fart around with it for a couple of months.
I wasn't so keen on shooting it much because I was busier than normal this year and I was also pretty consumed with trying to break the 405.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, I was thinking about adding another Matrix to my collection but something else might have to go first. Kinda thought about a 380 blackout but now that the 330 is coming out I am not sure ...405 is out the question for my weak arse :lol:
Dash

Post by Dash »

Boo wrote:
Dash wrote:I imagine the 400 would be acceptable to cock. I found the 380 much easier to cock than the equinox due to the shorter stroke. But the first thing I had to do was throw the insufficient length excal rope away, and replace it with a full length rope where the hooks could actually reach the string. I don't know what excal were thinking there supplying a cocking rope 4" short of reaching the string? With a full length rope your back is not bent right over when you're reaching the end of the cocking stroke, so there is no back strain.
Dash, if you found the 380 easy to cock you'll find the 400 acceptable. People with bad back should consider a C2.
I'm happy with the 380 for hunting, but I bought it more for the smaller size. I'm leaning towards a lower poundage bow for target work. With the shorter bolts and higher poundage of the new bow range, you're lucky if you get to see you're arrows again :shock: :lol:
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

enormous wrote:
what is the price tag???
From the spec sheet:
- A Twilight DLX Scope and 30mm rings, a cheekpiece, a four-arrow quiver with bracket, four Diablo arrows, four 150-grain field points and a rope-cocking aid.
MAP $1299.99
The Matrix Mega 405 is also available as a bow only for those wishing to customize with their accessories. The bow-only package includes a cheekpiece, R.E.D.S., and Guardian Anti-Dry-Fire system.
MAP $929.99
MAP = minimum advertised price. I am sure MSRP will be much higher. I am curious what they will actually be priced. My guess the whole Matrix line will go up.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
wcbarker

Post by wcbarker »

Boo wrote:
what is the price tag???
No clue but I do know that Danny Miller will take orders for them.
It's cheaper than a Scorpyd that does the same speed but it'll be far more reliable! To change a string you don't have to take a picture of how the strings zig zag and go around and around.
I live in Alberta Canada. And Danny is in the USA . I need someone in alberta
Normous

Post by Normous »

wcbarker wrote:I live in Alberta Canada. And Danny is in the USA . I need someone in alberta
Go to the left side of the page to "Find a Dealer"
There are more than 20 Excalibur dealers in Alberta.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings