Is This Really Archery Hunting?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Re: Is This Really Archery Hunting?

Post by vixenmaster »

Whoa 4 pgs already, well this is jus me, but i will always hunt archery seasons usin my crossbows. I don't care if'en they make it a anything you to choose season. I like huntin wid me crossbows, i had rather use my ML's durin Firearms season but evry now & again i use my Pa's old 16ga to choot a deer
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

vixenmaster wrote:Whoa 4 pgs already, well this is jus me, but i will always hunt archery seasons usin my crossbows. I don't care if'en they make it a anything you to choose season. I like huntin wid me crossbows, i had rather use my ML's durin Firearms season but evry now & again i use my Pa's old 16ga to choot a deer
I use my muzzleloaders .50 cal flintlock hawkins in rifle also like you..I just invented a way to see your open sights as we get older and so far its working great on flint and my pistol at range...The allure of this new airbow is how light it is and no cocking and you can shoot 7arrows out of your treestand 1 after 1 quick and is deadly at 50 yards with fix points..OREGON I believe is allowing its use...I am fairly good at FLINTLOCKS if anyone would like to PM me with question...
Last edited by sproulman on Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

amythntr wrote:....one more thing...my statements really are ONLY from watching the advertisement video...they might totally change upon seeing it in person at the show...also, I am not of the belief that I am right but it is only my opinion at this point...

....let's see what time will bring...

Anthony :)
JIM SHOCKEY says its UNREAL and said it will change way we hunt with bow..I do not hope they legalize it for ARCHERY SEASON here in pa we have too much money invested in bows now and would hurt companies like EXCALIBUR for sure.....But with all hunters I talk to WANTING IT I believe it will happen..
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

This is just an Air Rifle....Nothing more/nothing less. A fancy BB gun.

NO way in hell this will take the industry by storm :roll: ... This is such an old idea to modify your BB gun to shoot an arrow.

If you want to hunt with an air rifle..have fun!!! Lots of guys doing it. Lewis and Clark even carried one on there expedition...and probably the only reason the Indians didn't scalp the hole lot of 'em :lol:

They are fully proven to by very good for the job of hunting....There is videos of the rifles being used to hunt everything from Sparrows, all the way up to Cape Buffalo.

But no one is going to shoot a $20 arrow when you can just use $.30 lead pellet! ...nobody except maybe me.>> :lol:

Yes they are bad ass!! :mrgreen: Very cool options we have as Americans....But Archery???? NO WAY :roll: :lol:

Last edited by MTBighorn on Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

MTBighorn wrote:This is just an Air Rifle....Nothing more/nothing less. A fancy BB gun.

NO way in hell this will take the industry by storm :roll: ... This is such an old idea to modify your BB gun to shoot an arrow.

If you want to hunt with an air rifle..have fun!!! Lots of guys doing it. Lewis and Clark even carried one on there expedition...and probably the only reason the Indians didn't scalp the hole lot of 'em :lol:

They are fully proven to by very good for the job of hunting....There is videos of the rifles being used to hunt everything from Sparrows, all the way up to Cape Buffalo.

But no one is going to shoot a $20 arrow when you can just use $.30 lead pellet!

Yes they are bad ass!! :mrgreen: Very cool options we have as Americans....But Archery???? NO WAY :roll: :lol:

MT with DEMAND I hear at club and on net locally here in pa everyone WANTS ONE BIGTIME vrs the crossbows they now have..MONEY means nothing to DADS here at basketball game last night ALL want one NOW and make legal for archery deer season...They said they are buying them for all their kids girls/boys..I was only one that said I HATE THEM FOR DEER HUNTING..
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

The only reason anyone wants one is because they have some "notion" that because it shares the commonality of projectiles it will be allowed during ANY state's archery season and therefore giving them some sort of WOW factor with edge they just gained on all of us poor "twangers"...

Nothing but a pipe dream in ANY state..Allowing it during firearms season along with other Air Rifles is a feasible reality as by definition they are firearms and some states have embraced large caliber Air rifles without problem.

Never and I say Never....gonna happen..
Matrix 405/Vixen stock -XB 30
Matrix 380/Vixen stock - XB 30
Offspring-XB1
Maxpoint- XB1
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

tomcat wrote:The only reason anyone wants one is because they have some "notion" that because it shares the commonality of projectiles it will be allowed during ANY state's archery season and therefore giving them some sort of WOW factor with edge they just gained on all of us poor "twangers"...

Nothing but a pipe dream in ANY state..Allowing it during firearms season along with other Air Rifles is a feasible reality as by definition they are firearms and some states have embraced large caliber Air rifles without problem.

Never and I say Never....gonna happen..

....never say never TC...we shall see is what I say...I honestly do not believe it is a WOW factor or edge that many are looking for (although it will be a reasoning for some), but more of a practicality issue...hey, many of the CB's have cocking issues for some....and something like this does in fact fit into the definition of what many are looking for today....faster, lighter, easier to cock and de-cock, extreme accuracy, simplicity, size, etc....

.....the question is, where will it fit in...many such as yourself feel, not in the archery season....I am not so sure...especially if, and it is an if, there is a tidal wave of interest and desire to make even more people venture into the woods in the early season...again just my thought....

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
strum

Post by strum »

I didnt read all 4 pages on this discussion but i have to ask ..why not?
if a guy can purchase one and go use it in a sporting and ethical way to take game then whats it to me?
I mean its not for me and I dont see it out selling crossbows or verticals but its another way to do it.
We should be careful about being closed minded on this kind of thing.
Remember ..it wasnt that long ago the same kind of things were said about xbows :roll:
as much as we all agreed to the lobbying and pushed to get xbows legal and its still an issue in some states i might add. then all of the sudden we gonna slam the same doors on a new innovation?
I say lighten up ...let em hunt..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

But if these Air bows that have no limbs or strings can be used during archery season, why bother having an archery season? Open it up to anything sporting and ethical then.

....archery season= propels an arrow, limited distance usually quiet

....gun season= propels a bullet, slug or BB's (except for the BB's) a much greater distance and is very loud

...the way I see it...the string or the limbs are not what kills the prey but a means in which the arrow is launched...so compressed air is just another means of doing the same...the sticking point as I see it is this does not FIT into any dictionary definition of archery.

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

We could use an AR in a sporting and ethical way during turkey season for ohh exactly 1 year...and then they would be gone:)

Let me reverse the question back to you Strum...
What qualifies this weapon to be allowed in Archery season, that (as stated) eliminates the 300 Win Mag?

There's no "we shall see" either..
If Archers had their way..Xbows wouldn't be allowed let alone this thing...and I highly doubt the "Firearm or MZ " guys will go for that either..

As said I'm sure with enough interest it may make it into the Firearmsor MZ season in some states just as Air Rifles have done...but there isn't a chance in He!! that you'll ever see one the woods during an archery only season unless they are poaching:)
Offspring-XB1
Maxpoint- XB1
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

Unless someone "redefines" the meaning of "Archery" I feel pretty comfy in saying NEVER

Definition from Meriams Dictionary:
Full Definition of archery
: the art, practice, or skill of shooting with bow and arrow
: an archer's weapons
: a body of archers

Definition of bow
a : something bent into a simple curve
b : rainbow
: a weapon that is made of a strip of flexible material (as wood) with a cord connecting the two ends and holding the strip bent and that is used to propel an arrow
: archer
a : a metal ring or loop forming a handle (as of a key)
b : a knot formed by doubling a ribbon or string into two or more loops
c : bow tie 1
d : a frame for the lenses of eyeglasses; also : the sidepiece of the frame passing over the ear
a : a wooden rod with horsehairs stretched from end to end used in playing an instrument of the viol or violin family
b : a stroke of such a bow
Offspring-XB1
Maxpoint- XB1
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Call me closed minded or old fashioned but it just looks like a guns with an arrow stuck up it. Does not belong in the Archery season. Gun season sure whatever but not the Archery season.
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

No string nor bow involved :? BUT It does load from the muzzle :shock: Maybe those muzzle loader guys will welcome it warmly into their seasons ? 8) :lol: Beause, after all it does load from the muzzle, which makes it as defined by that defination a "Muzzlle loader" as much as the mention of " arrow" makes it an "Archery" piece.

Anthony, ( keep in mind the following is in fun )

I know your pretty excited about this air bow contraption :P I would advise you to quickly run down and invest lots of your savings into Crossman stock :lol: If it does as well as Microsoft did in the past ? Well, look at all of the Excaliburs you'll be able to get for both you and all of your Friends here. :wink:

Gene :lol:
Last edited by L. E. Carroll on Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Bcwn

Post by Bcwn »

After spending 20 years in the military I've learned one very valuable lesson. Change is always coming, and yes folks it's painful for some people without it we as a human race would never evolve into what we have today albeit not everything has been peaches and cream, but for the most part it's been pretty good. I give a thumbs up to the engineers at crossman for coming up with something other than a different cam design. To chime in on the OPs thread, is it archery hunting, well it's hunting weather you like the contraption or not. When I think archery I think of bow and arrow, so I would have to say nope it's not archery per say, but it is hunting with a PLATFORM AND ARROW. So what do we as hunters call such a platform to satisfy everyone that says it's not archery? I'm feeling the term AIRBOW is gonna stick. As per cross mans web site You can already hunt deer season with this AIRBOW here in NC, or it's been approved, that remains to be seen. I say the most important part about this change that has just occurred is we as hunters stick together and not crap on another hunter, nor be so judgmental because some would like to hunt in, or with another manner. ( I read the entire thread)

Brad
Mad max 380
Stock string
Dr stirrup kit
Zombie slayers
Rage Hypodermic 100 gr
Leupold Crossbones
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Bcwn wrote:After spending 20 years in the military I've learned one very valuable lesson. Change is always coming, and yes folks it's painful for some people without it we as a human race would never evolve into what we have today albeit not everything has been peaches and cream, but for the most part it's been pretty good. I give a thumbs up to the engineers at crossman for coming up with something other than a different cam design. To chime in on the OPs thread, is it archery hunting, well it's hunting weather you like the contraption or not. When I think archery I think of bow and arrow, so I would have to say nope it's not archery per say, but it is hunting with a PLATFORM AND ARROW. So what do we as hunters call such a platform to satisfy everyone that says it's not archery? I'm feeling the term AIRBOW is gonna stick. As per cross mans web site You can already hunt deer season with this AIRBOW here in NC, or it's been approved, that remains to be seen. I say the most important part about this change that has just occurred is we as hunters stick together and not crap on another hunter, nor be so judgmental because some would like to hunt in, or with another manner. ( I read the entire thread)

Brad
Well said Brad. I do also agree about sticking together. I believe this is where our strength is, not in being divided.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.