RAIL MODIFICATION REVIEW

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: RAIL MODIFICATION REVIEW

Post by Boo »

one shot scott wrote:Beautiful looking bows guys, especially that one Racking up points! I will admit that ever since I have seen pics of the re-anodized mainframe my grey anodized just seemed to pale in comparison. In researching anodizing and anodizing shops I came across info on how to do it yourself. I have done some experimenting with anodizing polished items as well as bead blasted items. Some have turned out very well and others I am not 100% happy with. Seems that materials, amperage, aluminum cathodes, temperature etc all affect the end result. With some tweaking im sure I can get something im happy with (I am picky) but in the end it may be less hassle to send it out.
DIY anodizing? Two words that come to mind and they are names of colours.

In all seriousness Neil, how well do the guys who are anodizing in their garages do?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

C'mon don. Don't be like that :lol: I ain't handsome so I try to be handy
Type II anodizing is fun to play around with. it may have looked like i was cooking up a batch of blue meth when i was in the process of doing it but some of it turned out fairly well. All that's needed is battery acid, aluminum for a cathod, a battery charger, dye of choice. To strip old anodizing from the parts you want to do all you have to do is submerge the part in a combo of lye and water. Tons of videos on youtube

That said, I would recommend folks get it done professionally to get a perfect result. Items like a rail requires a lot of work
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Have Rattle can......Will Spray!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or....I'm WAY toooo cheap to spend that kind of bucks, I don't like shiny, and I have had good results with rattle can as long as it wasn't on the rail top surface. I mask off the top and down to the step and it looked pretty good. My deer and hogs aren't picky. :shock: :shock: