Hawke Crossbow Scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

evidently i must be the one that edumacated fella was talking about. i wonder how my knuckles drag when me arms are so short the regular Excal stock is 3/4" too long. i happen to like my varizone scope made fer my simple mind. i still have to figure out how fer the tick toter is walking through the woods. i will let my simple mind tell how many yds it is! Hawke scopes, i am like my friend awshucks i don't need a scope thats shooting dead-on at 57 yds instead of my 50. i don't distance shoot so the Hawke scope isn't for my use. :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

It's Over!!!

You mean it's really over!!!

And here I am all jazzed up and ready to come out swinging after suffering through my mandatory waiting period to post. I may have to revisit this self imposed cool down period, I miss out on too much of the fun!

What am I to do now? I am ready to fight and have no one to hit. It is just not fair. I can't go on without releasing this pent up venom, I have to strike out at someone!

First, some words about Derrik. I knew from his very first post when he said he didn't like humans that there was a chance for trouble. And then the knuckle dragger comment confirmed my fears. And down the hill it went. The vast majority of us did not understand what the heck he was talking about. It only took Piper to put it so eloquently that it lit this guys fuse, and his true colors burst forth. It was not pretty.

I was having trouble trying to decide how I was going to kill a buck while just sticking my crossbow out from behind the tree and shooting around the corner. And did I need a laptop with me in the woods to determine what chevron to hold on the deers vitals? It was all to much, I was overwhelmed!

In retrospect, it was a bad fit with this guy. Sure the crossbow looked pretty cool but lets face it, this guy was lost in some delusional para military wanna be fantasy. And folks, those guys are just nuts. Every time I see an old used Ford Galaxy Police Interceptor driving down the road with some guy in it pretending to be a cop I think he spent an entire decade in his basement playing dungeons and dragons. What do you want to bet that this guy wears military fatigues on the weekend?

This is pretty much a hunting forum. We don't have the makeup to be a tactical military forum planning our next skirmish to save long forgotten POW's in southeast Asia. Nope, were pretty much simple folks who just want to "shoot dem deer." Derrik was a fish out of water. Granted, he was so paranoid that he saw attacks and imminent invasions by the excalibur hordes with just the presentation of a question, but a fish none the less.

And he didn't take well to requests for "show and tell" now did he. Why, that was the equivalent to showing pictures of his wife in Victoria's Secret Camouflage! I had to giggle at that one. This guy is married? Oh please. This guy couldn't get a date to his senior prom much less get married. But what hypocrisy! He posted pictures of one crossbow and when asked to see pictures of the others he goes Rambo. Yes, I know he named his crossbows with cute little names, so maybe he had more then just the one he graced us with, but it does make one wonder. And even folks here on the forum have named their crossbows. We just don't try to date them.

There, I am starting to feel a little better. I think if I just throw one more punch I might be able to make it through the day. Did I mention that Derrik is a chronic bed wetter?

Whew, the crisis is over. Sorry for venting above but if I didn't do that I would probably start bringing up that unfortunate incident down in Arkansas again involving several forum members. And I know we all don't want to go there again.

And last, let me inform you of just how devious some of our forum members are. I get a PM from Boo this morning telling me my waiting period is over and in effect baiting me to open both barrels on Derrik. Don't let Boo's boyish charm fool you, underneath it lurks a trouble maker!

And Derrick, as soon as you can tear yourself away from watching that Casper cartoon, I look forward to your rebuttal.
Last edited by Mike P on Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

It gets worse Mike, the bow he posted is not his, he took that photo from the Italian site. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Nocturnal

Post by Nocturnal »

:lol: Good read,Mike P! Dungeons and Dragons,i was thinking the same thing! Goodbye Derrick(GI Crossbow Joe) :lol:
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Ouch.... guys.... you're just being mean now. Let it go.

I can't say how very disappointed I am all around in this thread.

Please let it go and stop being so unnecessarily mean. There's no point.

Sure maybe Derrick wasn't all warm-fuzzies, but there's more to each of us than any other person here can know. There's more to you than Derrick was able to get to know, and there's more to Derrick than we were able to get to know. Everyone lost out in this encounter.

We all don't have to like everyone here, but give it a rest. We don't need to keep the nastiness going. It's starting to feel like "that other forum" and it makes me sad to see us stoop so low. This is all so unlike us.

I hope you all can cut me some slack if my Vixen and I go tactical.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Tactical ? about as close i get to that is planning my next coup on a tick toter! :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I think vix is right, but this dude pushed every button he could find. I think that most on this forum are exceptionally forgiving. but..... wow. thats all I can say.... wow.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Sorry guys if I'm being "mom-ish". I don't mean to be. Really.

This thread just isn't bringing out the best in anyone.

I guess I've always thought of my friends here being fun-loving and big-hearted. I feel like I've lost something.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
catcher

Post by catcher »

He was probably sent hear to stirr things up a bit. Like Vix said this is a peacefull place. You can not entertain these posters they thrieve on the fight.
Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

VixChix wrote:................. I feel like I've lost something.
Don't let it bother you. He displayed all the indicators of a troll --fast to take offence and faster to give it.

No doubt he is reading this thread and smirking about how he stirred things up for a little while.

Nobody got rude in retaliation, so he will he disappointed in that. Mike P's post is the kind that squelches a troll. They can't stand being mocked, especially in such a delightfull way that Mike did it.

The troll will quit while he's behind.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I'm gonna miss him. He was my get out of jail [Mike P's] free card.

His keyboard is not even cold and Mike's already made mention of Arkansas.

I rest my case.
"Eze 18:21"
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

He deleted his stuff before Mike came around, and by the looks of it he tried to register under a different name last night. Same name, different spelling.
I am sure you will find him in the AR forums, every word he used, every add-on his imagination could come up with, even the slang, it has AR written all over it.
A young fellow with dreams and aspirations, just slightly misguided.

I am going to miss him too.

Dan, maybe Don and I can kidnap Mike on our way down there this year. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Dan, maybe Don and I can kidnap Mike on our way down there this year. Very Happy
Wouldn't that be a hoot! Better get to planning, I'm going to go to Mo. to help Smokepole put up a shed in April sometime.

Say, can you shingle? Just a thought......
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

If you're planning on another xbow comp while you're all there, then I'm crashing the party.... and will bring a hammer for the shed.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

VixChix wrote:If you're planning on another xbow comp while you're all there, then I'm crashing the party.... and will bring a hammer for the shed.
You ma'am, would be most Welcome!! No hammer needed. I'm gonna start practicing toot sweet as Boo will be out for blood this go round. Smokepole will probably be too busy counting his nails or too stuffed on all the venison he bagged up this year, but who knows? He has a title to defend.

I can't honestly envision Mike P slumming to this degree but one never knows. :D

BMW make a bus, Don? I got lot's of buff left and taters is cheap.