Tact-Zone Scope=thumbs down

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ranger

Re: Tact-Zone Scope=thumbs down

Post by ranger »

I wear glasses and have had no trouble/issues with mine.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.

Post by newbie »

I have no issues. Proper cheek weld every time you mount the bow. If you don't have it you will have issues more so with this scope.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

Couchguy wrote:Just bought a matrix 380 with the tact zone scope with a "fish eye" effect, yes I can find a clear picture if I keep moving your head around, but I shouldn't have to hunt for a clear picture. It is weird and definitely not right. The matrix fetches a premium price and should not be shipped with a defective scope and it sounds like they are buying many of these things and shipping them out without checking this easy to find problem. Quality control? The customer rep offered no help just said short scopes are like that - like what crappy? :|
I suggest you call Danny Miller @ (740) 483-2312 he is a Excalibur dealer, maybe you can send in your Tact-Zone scope under warranty and upgrade to a Leupold VX-1 2-7x33mm scope. I heard Danny Miller uses Leupold's, so he of all people will understand.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
rej

Post by rej »

It looks like this scope is quite sensitive to eye relief distance. Installing a cheek rest should should help with head positioning. I bought a Hawke XB30 and while there are some things about it I liked the Shadow Zone is back on my Vortex. I think it is a better all round scope. There are many variables that make each users experience different. It does not mean that the Tact Zone is a bad scope.
Xnr

Post by Xnr »

I agree that this scope is sensitive to eye relief (fish eye). I have had 2 tact zone scopes with the same issues. One slightly better than the other. So that is the one I kept. Had a shadow zone on my vortex with zero issues.
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Just bought a matrix 380 with the tact zone scope with a "fish eye" effect, yes I can find a clear picture if I keep moving your head around, but I shouldn't have to hunt for a clear picture. It is weird and definitely not right. The matrix fetches a premium price and should not be shipped with a defective scope and it sounds like they are buying many of these things and shipping them out without checking this easy to find problem. Quality control? The customer rep offered no help just said short scopes are like that - like what crappy? :|Couchguy

Anybody that is not happy with the Tact-Zone scope please contact us and we will replace the scope or come up with an alternative. We have many happy users but you can't make everybody happy and we'll do what it takes to make it right.

Peter
ranger

Post by ranger »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:
Just bought a matrix 380 with the tact zone scope with a "fish eye" effect, yes I can find a clear picture if I keep moving your head around, but I shouldn't have to hunt for a clear picture. It is weird and definitely not right. The matrix fetches a premium price and should not be shipped with a defective scope and it sounds like they are buying many of these things and shipping them out without checking this easy to find problem. Quality control? The customer rep offered no help just said short scopes are like that - like what crappy? :|Couchguy

Anybody that is not happy with the Tact-Zone scope please contact us and we will replace the scope or come up with an alternative. We have many happy users but you can't make everybody happy and we'll do what it takes to make it right.

Peter
Now thats what were talking about...Grrrrrrreat customer service.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
tman74

Post by tman74 »

My Matrix 380 came today ( :D ) and so far I really like the Tact-Zone. I did however shoulder one at the bow shop a little while back that seemed to have some of the issues that have been described.
The meat don't fry if the arrow don't fly!
===========
Matrix 355
Exocet 165
===========
RIhunter

Post by RIhunter »

My 380 came in today and I mounted the scope to my best picture I haven't shot it but was outside shouldering and looking thru scope then closing my eyes and opening and having a great sight picture so I am confident this scope is pretty god no fish eye effect can't wait to shoot it now...if this thing shoots as good as everybody says I will be selling my exomag lol
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

I would like to say thanks to Peter for running a company the way they should ALL be run. I have had no issues with my excaliber bows but feel if I ever do I will be taken care of . Thanks
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
creekchub

Post by creekchub »

I just purchased a Matrix 355 on Friday, the tac zone scope on mine was blurry as well. I was able to take care of it by rotating the eyepiece out on the Diopter clear as day now... However as on most scopes there is a lock ring to lock that setting in place, mine has no such ring so the eyepiece can rotate out of adjustment.

guess a phone call is in order
massbow

Post by massbow »

I love my tach zone! just sayin :)
Team 355
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

creekchub wrote:I just purchased a Matrix 355 on Friday, the tac zone scope on mine was blurry as well. I was able to take care of it by rotating the eyepiece out on the Diopter clear as day now... However as on most scopes there is a lock ring to lock that setting in place, mine has no such ring so the eyepiece can rotate out of adjustment.

guess a phone call is in order
Its good you were able to adjust the Tact-Zone in order to clear up the scope. Yes there should be a lock ring.

Blurry edges are not normal and if not able to adjust, then the scope is defective. Proper eye relief adjustment is important for any optic. Eye to scope alignment is equal important, but if the edges are still blurry then something is off and is not normal.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
Xnr

Post by Xnr »

Spent many hours adjusting my tact zone. Still have slight eye relief problems but they are liveable. Couldn't get the scope to be accurate at 50 and 60 yards until I adjusted the speed ring up to 380 fps. I knew that the stock arrows and target tips could not be doing 380 fps. I was very hesitant to turn the speed ring up to 380 and spent quite a bit of time looking for other issues. I still believe that the stock bolt is not doing 380 fps but if the scope thinks it is and shoots well, which it does now, I'm a happy camper. :D