Road trip!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ComfyBear

Re: Road trip!

Post by ComfyBear »

[quote'"JP"]So what your sayin is Boo got some pork and the rest of you got this :lol: :lol:[/quote]

By this, are you meaning "they got the porcine shaft"? oink oink and squeal :lol:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

ComfyBear wrote:[quote'"JP"]So what your sayin is Boo got some pork and the rest of you got this :lol: :lol:
By this, are you meaning "they got the porcine shaft"? oink oink and squeal :lol:[/quote]
Seems they did my friend :lol: :lol:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
Boo

Post by Boo »

Paul, thank you for your Texas hospitality! You boys are truly nice people!
After picking up Danny Miller in Ohio and Awshucks in Arkansas we (my wife Karin and I) arrived at Paul's cabin Friday night and we all yapped for way too long. We finally hit the sack and talked about a 4 am wake up but for some reason we never made it. So Saturday morning we sat around yapping some more and with Colton's prodding we finally got out to our blinds. Nothing showed up that morning for anyone. :shock:
We got back around 1 pm and there was no Paul! Paul had to go somewhere and 3 of his friends and lease members were there to help us out! They didn't know us from Adam and here they were to make us dinner and help us out for the afternoon hunt. Just amazing!
So out we went to our blinds again. It was 80 degrees!! Danny got real close to sticking a pig with the Swhackers but no cigar. Previously were were talking about shooting them in the dark with a light which is legal. So Karin and I brought a 250 lumen flashlight and on our way out she heard pigs! :mrgreen: We quickly walked out to the field edge and she turned the light on some pigs that had ran out some 80 yard out. 8) My first shot was a dud :shock: (I had a Savage 220 and the bolt might not have had been completely shut) and I racked in another slug and whacked one). Of course all hell broke lose down range and there was no second pig. The pig I shot went down 20 feet away from where it was hit. :mrgreen:
When I got back Colton heard I shot a pig and said "where's the picture?". :shock: In my excitement I forgot to snap a picture! :mrgreen: Colton then turns on Paul and convinces him to go out! Colton is a great kid!!! He whacked one but no recovery! :cry:
The next morning it was really windy and below freezing. Everyone got up at 4am and went back to bed except Karin and myself! :lol: :lol: :lol: It was so cold and windy my eyes were watering! Nothing came out and I was freaking cold!
We packed it up and left early afternoon on a crazy drive with highways covered in 2" of ice :shock: There were cars and transports off-roading in snowy ditches! I think I was the only one in Texas or Arkansas with snow tires! :lol: :lol: :lol: Like Awshucks said in an email to me....what a trip!
It was a great time to get together again!!! The week was full of laughs and smiles. I left on Wed night and got back last night. That was over 5500 kms without a hitch!
Paul and Dan, thank your for your friendship! Paul, thank you and your friends for your hospitality. Colton, you're a great kid! I hope to see you again and watch you grow up!
I didn't take tons of pictures but when I have a moment I'll post what I have.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
strum

Post by strum »

sounds like yall had an awesome time and it got over too fast ..but hey you got bragin rights on that hunt ..congrats man.. and welcome back
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Glad you made it home and had a good time. I figured the ice could be a problem this side of Tennessee...bet it was pretty coming off the rocks if that was the way you came.
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Welcome back Boo glad your home safe and had a good time Oh I finally got my 405 :D
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Welcome back. I'm glad you all had a safe trip. Sounds like quite the adventure. Awesome road trip! :wink:
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

Glad ya all made it through Memphis before the big traffic jam. Lots of folks stranded over 16 hrs on the hwy starting at Memphis and backed up over 100 miles into MO. Tough going for sure and it sounds like you chased the storm for most of it. glad everyone made it home safe but I am sure it was an interesting trip.

BTW no one uses snow tires down here, just 4wd and a foot on the gas pedal! If you start to slide, you were not going fast enough! :D
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
munch

Post by munch »

Don sounds like you guys had a good time but the ride home sounds more like a return moose hunt from Armstrong than a hog. Hunt in Texas
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Sounds like a great hunt. One wild ride home. Glad all made it back safely. :D
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

That's awesome Don.
Sounds like a great time with some great people! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
walleyeslammer

Post by walleyeslammer »

good to see everyone had a good time, memory's that will last a lifetime...
matrix 380 xtra
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Did Karin paint Shucks nails that purty shade of pank? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Sounds like yall had a great trip welcome back
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

UPSMAN wrote:Did Karin paint Shucks nails that purty shade of pank? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
No painting involved. But, I'd of let her.......... :mrgreen:

I like Karin........
"Eze 18:21"