The IBEX is Named..."Manco Morto!"

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Re: Hypothetically, if I Bought an IBEX

Post by xcaliber »

20" Zombie Slayer's, 92 grains in the snout, approximately 400 grains. Add lighted nocks, 418ish. This is 100 grain heads.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

For that I'd shoot 20" Executioners, 110gr inserts, 2" Trueflight feathers and plastic nocks. But Igniters would be fine as well. Be around 400 with 100gr heads, and 425 with 125s. Add about 30 grs to each if you go to Igniters.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

xcaliber wrote:20" Zombie Slayer's, 92 grains in the snout, approximately 400 grains. Add lighted nocks, 418ish. This is 100 grain heads.

...Dan...what vanes would you use? ...length?

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Anthony, I'm a big fan of Fusion Q2i 2.1" vanes. You can get them in two heights. >55" which is close to the Blazer Vanes, or .44" which really work great with the Bolt Jig. The lower profile gives a bit more clearance to the rail, and with mechanical heads, very accurate. I also tested them out to 50 yards with the Muzzy Fixed heads, excellent!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Anthony, they ain't picky! put an arrah in 'er and give it a whirl! :D
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

flightattendant100 wrote:Anthony, they ain't picky! put an arrah in 'er and give it a whirl! :D
Yah.... I hear them older xbows are like older people -
just happy to get a date. :lol:
That reminds me... did the wife find out about the ibex yet?
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

BrotherRon wrote:
flightattendant100 wrote:Anthony, they ain't picky! put an arrah in 'er and give it a whirl! :D
Yah.... I hear them older xbows are like older people -
just happy to get a date. :lol:
That reminds me... did the wife find out about the ibex yet?

...still sitting in the office awaiting gifts to keep it's mouth shut[/i :shock: :oops: ]!....Ordered the ADF, S5's, contemplating the Ti64 Titanium upgrade, new arras, scope upgrade, quiver mount, flemish string and TTT....

...This bow is just so sweet to cock and decock....I just can't believe it!...

....I really can't criticize this bow being so wide because it looks back at me and say's, "look who's calling the kettle black!" :shock: :lol: :lol:

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

amythntr wrote:...still sitting in the office awaiting gifts to keep it's mouth shut[/i :shock: :oops: ]!....Ordered the ADF, S5's, contemplating the Ti64 Titanium upgrade, new arras, scope upgrade, quiver mount, flemish string and TTT...:)

Nice...gonna be one tricked out Ibex! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
amythntr

Re: OK, the IBEX is in the House- Queries

Post by amythntr »

....Ok, I am contemplating a change of pace in a scope, from a tried and true Leupold Crossbones to a Hawke XB 3×32 SR...I like the illumination and the cost....as quite frankly this purchase ( due to hanging around with the wrong people in Baaaaaaaddd places :| ) has pushed me over the top :shock: .....I like the cost factor and the fact that it is designed for the "more mature and well aged" products in the Excalibur arsenal that are more of a long distance runner versus a 50yd sprinter....

.....sooooo, whacha'll think of the contemplation?....am I barking up the wrong tree or does it meet with approval a said wrong people from those Baaaaaaaddd places? :shock: :shock: :? :?

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Some ppl. can never be helped, they are jus eat up wid it. They start buyin older model Excals, then they become like small school girls they start dressin them up in outfits ! :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

vixenmaster wrote:Some ppl. can never be helped, they are jus eat up wid it. They start buyin older model Excals, then they become like small school girls they start dressin them up in outfits ! :)
....now that you mentioned it Mike...iffen I go with a poiple string would pank arra's go with the camo? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

amythntr wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:Some ppl. can never be helped, they are jus eat up wid it. They start buyin older model Excals, then they become like small school girls they start dressin them up in outfits ! :)
....now that you mentioned it Mike...iffen I go with a poiple string would pank arra's go with the camo? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ya got to coordinate!!!! :lol:
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

TheBig1 wrote:
amythntr wrote:

Ya got to coordinate!!!! :lol:

....Absolutely correct Chad, but still I be looking for a response to my Hawke scope query! :?

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

amythntr wrote:....Ok, I am contemplating a change of pace in a scope, from a tried and true Leupold Crossbones to a Hawke XB 3×32 SR...I like the illumination and the cost....as quite frankly this purchase ( due to hanging around with the wrong people in Baaaaaaaddd places :| ) has pushed me over the top :shock: .....I like the cost factor and the fact that it is designed for the "more mature and well aged" products in the Excalibur arsenal that are more of a long distance runner versus a 50yd sprinter....

.....sooooo, whacha'll think of the contemplation?....am I barking up the wrong tree or does it meet with approval a said wrong people from those Baaaaaaaddd places? :shock: :shock: :? :?

Sorry Brother, I didn't see this. Personally I cannot talk about the XB 3x32 as I have not even seen it. Now here's where I can talk from experience. I personally was looking at the XB1 SR. I asked a valued member on here (bubba) who had personal experience with both the XB1 SR and the XB30 Pro SR. He told me that for the little extra cash to most certainly go with the XB30 Pro SR as it had better low light illumination. I did so and paid $225 for it and haven't looked back.

Hawke has the XB 3x32 listed for $159, of course you can get it cheaper somewhere else like Wyvern's, but still for the extra $100 I might think about bumping it up to the XB 30. We've talked, I trust 100% your opinion. In this case, at least go to your nearest Hawke dealer and look through them.

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

...Chad, If I was going to add the additional bucks i would just go with the Leopold Crossbones....trying to keep the cost down.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings