The EXCALIBUR FORUM POSTER'S PLEDGE ... Sign On!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

IM on but maybe we should read the bowhunters pledge .see comphy bears post from this am.
Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

Grizzly Adam wrote:
Tigerpaw wrote:I never joined the boy scouts because of pledges like this! :roll:

This IS a great forum but being a group of killers like ourselves this kind of pledge has to make you chuckle just a bit eh?? ( are we twelve?)
C'mon, Tigerpaw! :) What's wrong with a declaration of intent? Sure, a man is only as good as his word ... but if he never gives it, there isn't a standard to appeal to. If we never state what we intend to do, how can it be established that we intended anything?

Thus the value of pledges; they give people a chance to say, "Yes ... I agree with that." They're an opportunity for like-minded folks to unite in a cause, no more, no less. Besides, whatever respect you encounter on this forum is perfectly aligned with the intent of that pledge!

It's an invitation ... not a regulation. So sign or don't, as you will.

We're all friends one way or the other, right?

:)

I may have sounded a bit harsh. You are right! "We're all friends one way or the other!" :)
Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

ComfyBear wrote:
Tigerpaw wrote:This IS a great forum but being a group of killers like ourselves this kind of pledge has to make you chuckle just a bit eh??
Killers is a such harsh word in my book, Charles Manson was a killer.

I'd rather label myself as a harvester of the Lord's bounty. Sow and you shall reap. :wink:
No we are killers plan and simple!

Best not to suger coat it, hunters "kill" animals and farmers "harvest" crops!

I am not ashamed of the fact that I kill for a large part of the food on my family's table.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

i'm late, but I always try to follow those rules.. unless someone is just asking for trouble :lol: :P

well said