Bugs Build along

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: Bugs Build along

Post by Boo »

Poe Mike! Everyone is picking on you! Well I give you one thumbs up :mrgreen: for taking it in stride! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Boo wrote:Poe Mike! Everyone is picking on you! Well I give you one thumbs up :mrgreen: for taking it in stride! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't be throwing your thumb around freely like that Don, you only got two. :lol:
As for the crying,I am almost done. Woe is me. :lol: :lol: :lol: I know, lets have a pity party. OH, to much. This is fun! A little humble pie is good for the soul they say. :wink:
strum

Post by strum »

Boo wrote:Poe Mike! Everyone is picking on you! Well I give you one thumbs up :mrgreen: for taking it in stride! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think its great you are pickable Mike . :D
Please be patient with us 8)
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
agingcrossbower

strum wrote:
I have no choice, otherwise I'd end up a lonely bitter old man in a dimly lit shop curled up in a corner picking splinters out of what left of my fingers. I can't take you guys seriously and I won't. :wink: :lol:
Last edited by agingcrossbower on Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boo

Post by Boo »

strum wrote:
Hehehehehe! Mikie likes it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
agingcrossbower

OK, enough screwing around, lets get back to work. This is what it looks like after I am done with the very bad grinder.

I do not dare use this wood eater any farther or it would end up being a toothpick.
agingcrossbower

bugs wrote:Behave yourself!
O--------------------K! :mrgreen:
strum

Post by strum »

The grain realy looks nice in that piece.I just love how you have and ole chunk of nothing and remove all the unwanted stuff to find a beautiful stock in side.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Looking good Mike!
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
TPM

Post by TPM »

I just love how you have and ole chunk of nothing and remove all the unwanted stuff to find a beautiful stock in side.
It truly is an art form and you have to have that artistic vision. There is a well known quote from a sculptor (I don't remeber his name :oops: ) who was known for sculpting beautiful angels. He was once asked how he did it and his response, "It's simple. When I look at a rock I see an angel. I just remove everything that's not the angel".
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
agingcrossbower

Sorry for being away for so long. I blew a couple stitches and have to watch it a little for infection. Hand modeling days are officially OVER. :D
Here you go;

I dadoed out the fore end groove and rounded it with another bit on the drill press.
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

That stock is going to be beautiful. Look at the fiddleback showing in the second pic. I also like your adjustable fence on your drill press. Where did you get it? Are they still available today? Gary
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Work at your own speed buddy.
Fascinating to me for sure. I haven't seen a build along before.

I'll be standing by till it is done, you count on that!!
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
agingcrossbower

GaryM wrote:That stock is going to be beautiful. Look at the fiddleback showing in the second pic. I also like your adjustable fence on your drill press. Where did you get it? Are they still available today? Gary
Yes Gary, that fiddleback just hinted at being there and now its blossomed out a little. Warms my heart to see it growing. Its like Christmas with every layer I remove. So much fun. :D
bugs

Post by bugs »

Not only pretty I cant wait to old this in my arms :D I had the pleasure of holding a couple of Aging Crossbower's stocks when he stopped to meet me after Boofest and the stability I will get from this design will be even better. My shoulder doesnt like me sometimes so this gives me a place to grab much better allowing me to use more strength from my hand.
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol: