Arrows testers needed

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Re: Arrows testers needed

Post by Pydpiper »

You have a refreshing perspective John, respectfully so.
But for what it's worth, I'm American. :D

Awhile back I got to see another side of him, he said one of the most horrendous things a guy could say about another man, it didn't sit well with me.
Shortly after I commented on a product, one that would put a hiccup in his cash flow generated from this site, and make no mistake, there is one.
Capped off with the things I have seen him say about me in various PM's and emails and voila! My position was taken.
It's not about hatred, a just a lack of respect from seeing the darker side of him.
It's all good, I just came to this thread to give my opinion, it's not speculation though, just facts.
Thanks for the offer to travel, it is appreciated.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

Okay - I better understand where your coming from and I respect that your not disclosing the details that shaped your opinion. We have different opinions on the same person shaped by are own experiences with that person. Some folk think I'm a great guy and some just find me grating. :)

All the best to you and I hope this weekend is a restful one for you. I have to finish up my Christmas shopping and figure out what to get my wife and how to do it without her finding out or becoming suspicious. 15 years of marriage and I still can't get one over on her. :)

Take care,
John
Last edited by JT of PA on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

David,

There are a slew of folks making money or benefiting financially from this site. To single out Boo . . .well, it just shows that this is a personal issue between you and him.

That's fine, and I do understand that. However, you are taking up a fight that should be taken by the parties involved, Boo and Excalibur . . .or Excalibur and all the other guys that use this forum as a place to trade and sell.

I must say, I appreciate your insights on the forum and some of your posts have helped me out.

I'd like to see this personal issue resolved . . .or at least swept under the rug. I know at one time you two were pretty good friends.

Truce. Peace.

Merry Christmas.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

Sumner - well meaning and kindly said.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

When the internet first started out it was advertised and pledged that it would be free.
Every website started out that way but not anymore.
All the archery forums have members who are there strictly to make money.
You will hardly every read a post by them about anything else.

Personal conflicts should be kept private but rarely are and will not sway my opinion about anyone other than the person doing the rant. Rant away but you will only diminish your own character in the end.

Not long ago there was testing done on serving material which I believe in the end was responsible for Excalibur string improvement. We all benefitted on that one.

As far as this topic, it would not be the first time Excalibur changed an arrow supplier.
In the end it is up to BillT what is allowed on this website and no one else.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I am truly speachless! (Definition-Temporarily unable to speak, as through astonishment.

Anyone need some bowfloatie's? Christmas is coming! Make great gifts to loved ones. :wink:

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... w+floaties
Woodspike

Post by Woodspike »

I wanted to avoid this topic, and the drama that has started, but Ont_Excal brings up a point that I feel strongly about...

"...it would not be the first time Excalibur changed an arrow supplier."

IF that is the direction this test is heading, I fully support it.

My experience with Easton Firebolts up to this point has not been a good one. From spine inconsistency, to an apparent general lack of quality control, I am not fond of these bolts... (I could be the minority here, as one bad batch doesn't necessarily mean they are all "off", and I'm sure there are many on this forum who swear by them)

Obviously this is just my personal opinion based on minimal experience, and as a whole carries very little weight, but I feel Excalibur and Easton are not on the same level...

I would be very happy to see the Excalibur name on a bolt that is up to par with the quality and reliability I have seen from their bows.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I changed my signature line........
"Eze 18:21"
strum

Post by strum »

well heck now i want to try those arrows..they must be good uns.
how do i know?
no one has posted results yet and we are into the 7th page :lol: :lol:
that dang Boo guy 8) :mrgreen:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

awshucks wrote:I changed my signature line........
:) :wink: :wink:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
TPM

Post by TPM »

Anyone need some bowfloatie's? Christmas is coming! Make great gifts to loved ones.
Do they come in pink and will they withstand being run over by a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan? I'm always looking for stocking stuffers.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

TPM wrote:
Anyone need some bowfloatie's? Christmas is coming! Make great gifts to loved ones.
Do they come in pink and will they withstand being run over by a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan? I'm always looking for stocking stuffers.
Wait just one moment!

Let's get something straight: There will be NO MORE running over of my Vixen (even by a boat)!!!! :evil:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Boo

Post by Boo »

TPM wrote:
You are soooo lucky you're married to Moni, others may have performed a emergency medical procedure on ya! :shock:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

TPM wrote:
Probably would have cussioned the mount and not got scratched up. They would even reajust themselves to the new shape of the mount. :lol:
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Boo wrote:
TPM wrote:
You are soooo lucky you're married to Moni, others may have performed a emergency medical procedure on ya! :shock:
yes Boo, they also make good peterheaters till you get it sewn back on. :lol: :lol: :lol: