The IBEX is Named..."Manco Morto!"

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

StormDragon

Re: OK, the IBEX is in the House- Queries

Post by StormDragon »

amythntr wrote:
L. E. Carroll wrote:Anthony :lol: :lol: :lol:

I went back a couple pages or so and see you mentioning pank arrows for this one.... a couple posts down the road I'll probably see you mentioning your thinkin' of dippin' it in a "pank" camo pattern :shock: :shock:

This accessorizing thing is hitting you bad.... :roll: But that would be better than pink and white poka-dots I guess.... :o :o

Your gonna' get people talking you know :shock:

That choice would not make the "cut" out west here buddy :lol: :lol:

Gene 8)
Gene:

...Thats OK...I am comfortable with my wom...er, manhood! :shock:...plus I gots me a beautiful 19 year old Downs Syndrome daughter who beams from ear to ear when I tell her what I do with my bows, just for her!....wouldn't change that for the world...

....how many of you guys have a daughter who gives you a big back scratch EVERY morning AND on Fridays before hunting not only gives a back scratch but says out loud while giving it, "Get a deer, get a deer, get a big buck for Angelica!" ....and then gives me a big kiss!!!! :D :D :D

....pank and poiple power!

....I do stop short of pank thongs though :shock: .....

Anthony :mrgreen:
OH MAN!!!!

Talk about picking the wrong page on a thread to start reading!!! Purple thong and Anthony should never ever go together in a sentence together! Never!!

The worst part is that Im gonna be all alone in my blind later today with that image burned into my brain.
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Boo wrote:Anthony, the fastener passes through the riser and into the threads of the S5.

.....well of course they do Don :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

.....no one said I was "mechanically reclined!" :shock: :oops:

Thanks Don....

Anthony :oops:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

Stock excel string combined with 175lb draw = soft and quiet shot.
Keep that string on it and you don't need an ADF as it is all the ADF protection one needs. I personally know of at least 5 dryfires with stock string that suffered no damage. The danger is when you replace string for the lighter/less stretching materials in the quest for speed...Then it's a proportional gamble with each poundage increased model and the likelihood of the 225# bows surviving a dry-fire with a high performance string is pretty low:)

To make it even quieter, simply bolt on some S5's and shoot 2219's for the ultimate hunting bow out to 50 yards...
Matrix 405/Vixen stock -XB 30
Matrix 380/Vixen stock - XB 30
Offspring-XB1
Maxpoint- XB1
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Anthony, I'm so envious. :wink:

Your blessed to have a daughter with so much love to give and share with your family... I have daughter's also, but none take the time to give dad a nice back scratch or have ever told me to "go out and get us a deer dad, a Big One". :D

As far as purple thongs in trees.... if it ever comes to that I'll never "look up" again :shock: .. :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:

As a side note I see the use of ADF's often put down routinely by a couple people... to each his own.... I can respect others views.

However, can someone explain one disadvantege of a device that has zero negative effect to my bows other than protecting myself and my bows should an arrow slip out of place or become easily lost while "still hunting" thru the brush I encounter every time I hit the woods.. To me it's another piece of safety equipment, such as a safety belt and harness while in an elevated stand... I can't emagine anyone justifing falling from a tree because someone advised them it was really not needed as the tree really is'nt that tall to begin with.

If someone wants to equate a bow with a 175# draw weight as similar to a shorter tree that you may be able to fall from 5-6 times with no serious injury :lol: , rather than the draw weight of my M355 which could equate to a taller and correspondingly more dangerous tree... :roll: I'm weighing on the side of caution with both of them with the addition of the ADF's I installed on each..

Please, likewise, respect my and others views that advise on the side of caution. :wink:

Just another $.02 from someone trying to understand the logic ?

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....Finally came up with a name for my IBEX- "Manco Morto!"....which in Italian means...."over my dead body"....which is the result of a quick, humane kill and tracking...sought of the view from above.... the dead dear.... and hunter looking at his harvest...the serenity, the peace, the thankfulness of what you were allowed to do....knowing that many before you have been in a similar state of respectful solitude....

....However it is more appropriate as to where my wife will be standing, if she finds out I bought another Excalibur! :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)
Last edited by amythntr on Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I like it! :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!