Shot a Buck this afernoon

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

agingcrossbower

Re: Shot a Buck this afernoon

Post by agingcrossbower »

Johnspo wrote:Hi every one! I just want to know if any body is using bolt cutter broad heads?
It seems this year so far I really had some bad luck,
To explain on Oct,25 at 5/30 pm I shot a 8 pointer with my Ibex 305 fpm, with 150G bolt cutter head,at about 25 yards a definite hit but I believe it to be a shoulder shot bc found arrow 10 yard from shot area busted in two completely engulfed with blood, after waiting approx. 40 minute decided to track when I came upon a good size of blood spot and again for 400 yard blood trail,until finally no more blood? Yellow leaves all around me but no more blood had to give up the search till next morning but this buck turned ghost just disappeared in thin air.
And today got to my ground blind at 3/30 pm and exactly at 4/05. Mr 6 pointer shows up and allowed me to get a shot broad side at 20 yards again with bolt cutter 150G head. This buck jumped a good 5 feet before deciding to clime a steep hill for the get away, of corse I new I hit him in lung proximity! I waited about 30 minutes before trailing, when I went down to check for blood I imididiatly found my arrow and seemed like dark blood from tip to end with bubbles like blood on the shaft.
Trailed this buck for 400 yards finding good size blood trail until again no more blood? After searching for a good 1.5 hours I had no choice to give up and hopefully in the morning I will find him if he is not coyote food.
But my moral of my story is you neec not only to be lucky in spotting a buck and get a shot in, with the hopes you are going to find him!,
Well at this point I am a little discouraged with the whole bow hunting thing!
I invest a lot of time money and effort to get my prize! When it turns out that you get a shot in,2 to be exact and the you loose them it really hearts.
My point is that bow or cross bow 80% of the time you hit you still need to chase that deer and if you lucky you will find it.
Can some one tell me why MNR allows this to Cary on they know most deer hit with a arrow are lost, wounded deer eventually will drop some where and it will be coyote meal.
They should extend the Gun season longer to make it fair.
The hunter gets his deer.
The animal doesn't suffer.
And no coyote meal.
My personal opinion I tried different broad heads and they all average the same success. What am I to do? Any advice?
Be gone, troll.
Johnspo

Post by Johnspo »

agingcrossbower wrote:
Johnspo wrote:Hi every one! I just want to know if any body is using bolt cutter broad heads?
To explain on Oct,25 at 5/30 pm I shot a 8 pointer with my Ibex 305 fpm, with 150G bolt cutter head,at about 25 yards a definite hit but I believe it to be a shoulder shot bc found arrow 10 yard from shot area busted in two completely engulfed with blood, after waiting approx. 40 minute decided to track when I came upon a good size of blood spot and again for 400 yard blood trail,until finally no more blood? Yellow leaves all around me but no more blood had to give up the search till next morning but this buck turned ghost just disappeared in thin air.
And today got to my ground blind at 3/30 pm and exactly at 4/05. Mr 6 pointer shows up and allowed me to get a shot broad side at 20 yards again with bolt cutter 150G head. This buck jumped a good 5 feet before deciding to clime a steep hill for the get away, of corse I new I hit him in lung proximity! I waited about 30 minutes before trailing, when I went down to check for blood I imididiatly found my arrow and seemed like dark blood from tip to end with bubbles like blood on the shaft.
Trailed this buck for 400 yards finding good size blood trail until again no more blood? After searching for a good 1.5 hours I had no choice to give up and hopefully in the morning I will find him if he is not coyote food.
But my moral of my story is you neec not only to be lucky in spotting a buck and get a shot in, with the hopes you are going to find him!,
I invest a lot of time money and effort to get my prize! When it turns out that you get a shot in,2 to be exact and the you loose them it really hearts.
My point is that bow or cross bow 80% of the time you hit you still need to chase that deer and if you lucky you will find it.
Can some one tell me why MNR allows this to Cary on they know most deer hit with a arrow are lost, wounded deer eventually will drop some where and it will be coyote meal.
And no coyote meal.
My personal opinion I tried different broad heads and they all average the same success. What am I to do? Any advice?
Be gone, troll.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Johnspo wrote:
agingcrossbower wrote:
And no coyote meal.
Be gone, troll.