Exocit or New Exomag

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Joseph

Exocit or New Exomag

Post by Joseph »

I'm convinced now, thanks to you good people, to purchase an excalibur instead of a compound rig. I plan to hunt in Noth America only, primarily whitetail and black bear. Since I'm coming from the compound bow side of hunting (Hoyt), I have to admit that I am a speed freak and my cybertec has served me well in recent years. New to the crossbow, I tend to have the same philosophy to go for speed. I read on another post that some think the exomag is a bit noisy and has a hard trigger. Is this true ?Should I opt for the Exocit (excuse the spelling) or go with the new Exomag. Cabela's has an Exomag on hold for me to be picked up this weekend. Speedy recommedations would be appreciated. Thanks, Joe
A.W

Post by A.W »

You'll be pleased with your choice. :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
Newbi

Post by Newbi »

I've had my Exomag for two years and wouldn't trade it for anything. As far as the the trigger pull, Who ever said that it was a hard pull must have been drinking his own bath water. It may not be a custom rifle trigger, but it is smooth and crisp. Best trigger on the market IMO. I've shot other brands of crossbow and have not found any better bow anywhere. As for comparing with other Excals, I have only shot the Mag so can't compare other Excaliburs, but I love my Mag.
QUANDO OMNI FLUNKUS MORITATI (When all else fails, Play dead)
Genesis 27:3
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

The Exomag is the one to go for between the Max or Mag.... :D As for trigger pull the MAX HAS A HARD TRIGGER PULL period.

Anyone that don't think so needs too shoot any of the other Excaliburs and see just how smooth they are compared to the EXOMAX.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

GaryL wrote:The Exomag is the one to go for between the Max or Mag.... :D As for trigger pull the MAX HAS A HARD TRIGGER PULL period.

Anyone that don't think so needs too shoot any of the other Excaliburs and see just how smooth they are compared to the EXOMAX.... :D
I could not agree more with you Gary...
Ontario Trophy Bucks
TYE

Post by TYE »

I still think the Pheonix is the way to go.... :P