Max vs stealth x-2

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ch312

Max vs stealth x-2

Post by ch312 »

today dad and i decided to have a little challenge between the tenpoint and excal. i was usin golt tips and he was usin 2219's i think. i won at the 50 yard range until he switched to my bolts which i guess are straighter? then it was pretty much a tie. shooting at 1 1/2" wide apples neither of us missed at 5 shots each so we gave up.

before we started i shot at 20 to make sure it was on and it was. moved back to 50 and used the last triangle thing, at least i thought i did. i was bein a smart ass so i aimed 3 inches from the bottom of the target at the top of an orange. guess i used the 40 yard thing and shot right under it. good thing dad has a metal detector :lol:

his bow shoots basically the exact same as mine but his is alot quieter and a little bit slower. he has limb savers attached though. should have got him to remove them for a shot to see how much of a difference they make.

have my max zero'd good now with the max zone. middle crosshair is zero'd for 30 and it shoots 2" high at 20 yards. then each elevation marker is dead on at 40, 50 and 60 yards. ill never try to take a deer at 60 but now i know i could make the shot if needed such as on a wounded deer.

today was pick on fruit and veggies day :D put on a judo point and it turns apples and carrots into nice little pieces :lol:
dw

Post by dw »

minimum weight for the tenpoint is 420 grains. what weight was the goldtips you were shooting? :shock:"dw"
"you gotta love it"
tcct2003

Post by tcct2003 »

Why does Horton and Ten Point use 410/420 as a minimum with excalibur using 350?
TYE

Post by TYE »

tcct2003 wrote:Why does Horton and Ten Point use 410/420 as a minimum with excalibur using 350?
I kinda wondered that one myself also.
Furor

Post by Furor »

maybe so they can advertise faster FPS scores?
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

TYE wrote:
tcct2003 wrote:Why does Horton and Ten Point use 410/420 as a minimum with excalibur using 350?
I kinda wondered that one myself also.
Cause if you were to shoot anything lighter from the Horton or TenPoint, you could blow up your limbs.

Excaliburs can handle the lower bolt weight of 350GR. giving you a much faster bolt.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
ch312

Post by ch312 »

they were the gold tips that come in the acessory kit with 100gr heads. guess my dad was lucky nothing happened?

now the question is....to not say anything or tell him. he might think i was trying to damage his bow to knockout the competition :lol:

how much do 20" 2219's weigh? gold tips?
Boltshooter

Post by Boltshooter »

:o Great shooting ch312! Were the 1 1/2 inch apples shot a 20 yards or 50 yards? Also very interesting that the center crosshair of the max zone scope can be zeroed for thirty yards instead of twenty, and the elevation marks still give good accuracy out to sixty yards :!:
"BORDERS, LANGUAGE, AND CULTURE"
ch312

Post by ch312 »

i thought we were nailin the apples at 50 but i was talkin to my dad today and he says 40. that wa soff a rest though. neither of us have practised shooting offhand with our guns or bows since last year so we were lucky to nail the same apples at 25 yards offhand :lol:

i did have the maxzone zero'd at 20 yards but i ran into soem trouble when we began shooting. it was dead on at 20 and 30 as usual. but at 40 it was 5" high and the same with 50 yards. i was usuing the correct elevation things because i made sure of it after the 40 yard shot.

so i changed the zero to 30 yards. 40 yards was right on and then 50 hit almost the same hole. 60 was 1/2" low with elevation and about 2-3" left. still plenty good enough incase i ever need it although ill never shoot that far on game.