I Got A Trailer!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

A.W

I Got A Trailer!!!

Post by A.W »

Some of you may remember my post back on 28 April this year.
Where a now ex-buddy offered me his trailer for free and then gave it away the day before I was to move it.

One of the forum members even offered to come to Toronto from Cambridge Ontario on a much deserved day off to haul it for me. (thanks)

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... ht=trailer

Well I finally managed to get a better one. It's a 1978, 22 foot HiLo trailer (never heard of them before)
and it's pretty much loaded although I can't use some of the options due to no water hook-up on the property.

3-way fridge, 12/110 hydro(generator next year) propane furnace/water heater, full bath and A/C. Propane 3 burner stove with oven.

We hauled it onto the property (200 acres) on Saturday and stayed over night with some wobbly-pops by the camp fire and came back Sunday.

On Monday my girlfriend ( she's a great lady) and I went back up with cleaning supplies and did a number on it....6 hours. Cleaned it head to foot. Now it's sparkling. The upholstery is like brand new. We are even talking about going up there for Thanksgiving dinner, myself, girlfriend and her two adult kids, 23,20 year olds. ( I'll even get a hunt or two in)

The trailer is in great condition. I even have the original papers and receipts. The price was, I think, no where near what the seller could have got if he had more time.

When we took it up we had a walkabout and I found two locations with multiple tracks...nowhere near my licks.

Never heard back from my ex-buddy since. :shock: :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Good for you , A.W.

Glad it all worked out for you in the end.

It sounds like it'll be a great place to get away from the rat race!... :D
Ontario Trophy Bucks
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

AW: Sweeeeeet ! Sounds like a beauty home away from home !

Gotta love it when a deal comes your way once in a while !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

:wink: Good for you AW! Glad it is coming together for you ...
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
A.W

Hi

Post by A.W »

Instead of driving back and forth I can spend a weekend up there.

GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:D That sound's fantastic , glad every thing worked out for you , be sure to post some pics. GREYWOLF
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
GaryL

Re: I Got A Trailer!!!

Post by GaryL »

A.W wrote:Some of you may remember my post back on 28 April this year.
Where a now ex-buddy offered me his trailer for free and then gave it away the day before I was to move it.

One of the forum members even offered to come to Toronto from Cambridge Ontario on a much deserved day off to haul it for me. (thanks)

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... ht=trailer

Well I finally managed to get a better one. It's a 1978, 22 foot HiLo trailer (never heard of them before)
and it's pretty much loaded although I can't use some of the options due to no water hook-up on the property.

3-way fridge, 12/110 hydro(generator next year) propane furnace/water heater, full bath and A/C. Propane 3 burner stove with oven.

We hauled it onto the property (200 acres) on Saturday and stayed over night with some wobbly-pops by the camp fire and came back Sunday.

On Monday my girlfriend ( she's a great lady) and I went back up with cleaning supplies and did a number on it....6 hours. Cleaned it head to foot. Now it's sparkling. The upholstery is like brand new. We are even talking about going up there for Thanksgiving dinner, myself, girlfriend and her two adult kids, 23,20 year olds. ( I'll even get a hunt or two in)

The trailer is in great condition. I even have the original papers and receipts. The price was, I think, no where near what the seller could have got if he had more time.

When we took it up we had a walkabout and I found two locations with multiple tracks...nowhere near my licks.

Never heard back from my ex-buddy since. :shock: :wink:
Part quote A.W. It's a 1978, 22 foot HiLo trailer nice campers.. Just keep a EYE on the steel cables that crank it up. New upholstery would be nice fer mine as the cushions are starting to show some good wear as its a 78 also. No air in mine you lucky dog..... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

Great news A.W! Sounds like a great buy! There's nothing like having a home out there! Nothing like a warm dry place you can come into at night after a long day in the field... Enjoy! :wink:
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

A.W.
When is the house warming?
Kendo Kid
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

How about a bush bash at A.W's camper!... :lol:
Ontario Trophy Bucks
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Image reads good LW, when A.W. :?:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Hey A.W. that's exactly what we have on our property, a 17 foot trailer, no power also. My wife, kids and I have been using this for over 10 years. Getting a bit crowded now, looking at a cabin down the road.

The best part of a trailer on property, is that your taxes don't go up. Its not a permanent residence, hence being on wheels.

You can move it around every year, in a different location on your 200 acres, for a change in scenery. HEHE!!

Grey Owl
devilsedge

Post by devilsedge »

Congrats A.W. sound like you got a bargin and a half. lots of room in a 22ft trailer.
shoot straight stay late.
A.W

Post by A.W »

LoneWolf wrote:
How about a bush bash at A.W's camper!... :lol:
Thanks guys. I really am looking forward to weekend hunts instead of day hunts in the colder weather.

I should have organized a Bush Party last Monday. I'm sure some of you fine gentlemen would have come up to help clean the trailer. :shock:

I don't mind roughing it but I like to do it with one or two comforts.

As for moving it around on the property. I already asked my buddy if he would move it next year when all the deadfalls in that spot are used up for the camp fire. He said he would..............but to his place. :wink: