Butcher near Peterborough

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

RichardS

Butcher near Peterborough

Post by RichardS »

Getting ready for this years hunt and wondered if anyone knows of a reliable butcher near or in Peterborough....or someone that would come to my place....Thanks
-Richard-
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

How ya doing RichardS, haven't heard from you in a coon's age. Thought maybe you and Carl from Vermont went on a trip or something.

Cut them up yourself, man. Its really not that hard, once you get onto it. But if your tight for time, then the butcher is the way to go.

Grey Owl

P.S. How do you like riding them Quads you have??
TYE

Post by TYE »

Hey buddy, I know a great guy, cheap too!

Gimme a PM and I'll get you his information.

But if you go to him... I bet you won't be able to not laugh, cuz the guys voice sounds like he got his privates stepped on. My dad and I call him Squeaker.
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

GREY OWL wrote:Cut them up yourself, man. Its really not that hard, once you get onto it. But if your tight for time, then the butcher is the way to go.
I did my first, and half of another last year. Learn how to do it yourself. You'll take that much more pride in your harvest, and enjoy every meal that much more.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
RichardS

Post by RichardS »

I think I may give it a go my self. I plan on buying a bit of literature and read up on it. We sold the quads and bought a new Kubota RTV. It has true hydraulic dump and 4x4. Its the diesel one with all of the fixings. Will post a picture when I get a chance. My dad also picked up another farm a couple concessions down the road so Ive been busy scouting. Its well known for large deer.

Ill be on the forum a bit know that im back in school. Last year hunting was kept to a minimum because I was in school mon-thursday and that work at GM in st catherines thurs night to sunday late night every weekend as an epoxy flooring supervisor. I dont miss the 50+ hour weekends. Although I was able to purchase a brand new Canyon so Im glad I stuck it out.

Talk to all of you later!!
Richard
-Richard-