Broken rope cocker????? Not xcalibur.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Golden Eagle

Broken rope cocker????? Not xcalibur.

Post by Golden Eagle »

Anybody ever have one break while cocking? A friend of mine shoots a Horton and uses a Barnett cocker and he had it break this week. It broke on one of the thinnest places on the j-hook that attaches to the string. The piece came up hit him right below the eye. Kinda scary. Just wondering if anyone xperienced this before.
johnrios

Post by johnrios »

I am glad to know I was not the only one who has experienced this.

About a month ago, I tried out a Barnett rope cocker on my Exomax. I pulled it up almost to the point of cocking it when all of the sudden the hooks sheared off!

Happened so fast I could hardly believe it. The pulley portion flew so fast at my hand resulting in broken knuckle (left middle finger).

I now have an Excalibur rope cocker. The hooks are SIGNIFICANTLY thicker than the other cheapie. Have not tried though for fear of the same thing happening.

Have any of you out there had good experience with the Excalibur rope cocker and the Exomax? Would like to hear any comments. Thanks.
John Rios
Nashville, TN
DT10Sam

Post by DT10Sam »

Don't let fear hold you back from using the Excalibur rope cocking aid. We have been using one at the store for all crossbows and so far have used it a minimum of 400 times and after inspection seems to be just as it was when we first used it. The excalibur cocking aid is definitely the way to go and they do make the units to fit other bows.

Best regards,
Sam
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Thanks guys. I will tell him about a different rope cocker. He is shooting a heavy bow from what he says. It was 1 of the ones under recall and when he sent it in, he told them to go to the heavier limbs. 200# maybe, Im not sure. I keep trying to talk him in to an xcalibur, but he wont bite yet. He likes wheels.

Thanks again.
tad

Post by tad »

johnrios wrote:I am glad to know I was not the only one who has experienced this.

About a month ago, I tried out a Barnett rope cocker on my Exomax. I pulled it up almost to the point of cocking it when all of the sudden the hooks sheared off!

Happened so fast I could hardly believe it. The pulley portion flew so fast at my hand resulting in broken knuckle (left middle finger).

I now have an Excalibur rope cocker. The hooks are SIGNIFICANTLY thicker than the other cheapie. Have not tried though for fear of the same thing happening.
Been using the Excalibur rope cocking unit and an ExoMax and it's a breeze! Was a little concerned about the heavy weight of the ExoMax but the rope makes it very effortless!
Have any of you out there had good experience with the Excalibur rope cocker and the Exomax? Would like to hear any comments. Thanks.
The Pistoleer

Post by The Pistoleer »

Gee, that reminds me I need to order a rope cocker. Where is the best place to get one?

Pete
Be Safe, Have Fun
The Pistoleer

Post by The Pistoleer »

Bob, I got the Vixen :D :D :D . I' sent you a couple of e-mails. I'll have to go to Cabela's!

Pete
Be Safe, Have Fun
johnrios

Post by johnrios »

BassPro actually has the best prices on the rope cocker. Check it out!
John Rios
Nashville, TN