Broadhead Recommendations

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Buck Fever

Broadhead Recommendations

Post by Buck Fever »

As a new Exaclibur owner I am looking to try some new broadheads. What does everyone recommend. Last year I used Ultimate Steel broadheads with amazing results. they did fly just like field points.

I am leaning towards the Sonic Broadheads for this year.

What does everyone think??
Digger

Post by Digger »

Go with whatever flys the best for you, its personal taste. Some use G5s, wasp,stingers etc, My personal choice are Slick Tricks. Shoot any of them and they fly like you want them to, thats the one for you.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
A.W

Post by A.W »

I like the 100 SlickTricks.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
Roy65

Sonics

Post by Roy65 »

I would definitely go with the Sonics. Have personally been using them for awhile and having used a lot of the others, find there performance to be great. Having said this the only thing else i would like to try is the Liberty 125 grains due to the bigger size. The American Broadhead family seems to have come up the most perfect functional broadhead i have ever used and i have been shooting broadheads out of Recurve Bows, CDompound Bows and now Crossbows since 1964.
Roy65
terry-1

heads

Post by terry-1 »

I am also shooting the sonic 85 gr' (1" cut) and find them to fly great even in 10 to 25mph winds something we get alot of here in Oklahoma. I have shoot and own muzzy 100gr 4blade, G5 montec 100gr, Stinger 100gr 2 blades slick trick 100gr,NAP 100gr spitfires, Simmons Sharks 100gr and many more heads and to be honest all of them fly well on carbon bolts out of my Exocet 175lb. I think it may be just picking a broadhead with good feedback from other hunters thats meets your style and taste.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Slicktricks or Montec G5's.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
TYE

Post by TYE »

I really like the Wasp Boss's. They fly nicely. But next time I buy broadheads I'm gonna get G5's cuz I think they look along stronger and more durable.
Spank

Post by Spank »

I'm going with muzzys. (Sorry to steal your topic Buck Fever but....) It seems like noone on here uses muzzys, is there something with them that doesn't make them good for crossbow hunting? What's the deal? Does anyone on here use Muzzys?Does anyone here think Muzzys are good. Speak to me.
Thanx, Spank
terry-1

heads

Post by terry-1 »

I shot muzzy 100gr 4blades for the last three seasons. I took 4 nice mature bucks which hang on my wall now with them and several doe's all went down from 30 -75 yards and left a blood trail a blind man could follow. I hated to switch broadheads but my buddy who whos the local hunting store quit carrying them and I try to buy from him whenever I can.
TYE

Post by TYE »

I hear the Muzzy's do some serious damage..
tkstae

Post by tkstae »

Took my first deer last year using the wasp broadheads that came with my Exocet. Flew great and dropped my doe in her tracks. This year I'm using 100gr. Slick Tricks just because everyone that uses them swears by them. Either one should do the job, just double lung em.
Ga.XbowCop

Broadhead Recomendations

Post by Ga.XbowCop »

I had the same question when I could not find any replacement blades for my Wasp Boss SST 100gr heads. Everywhere I had called or looked told me that they were on backorder and some said they could only get the broadheads and not the blades separate. I asked my Exo dealer here about some Muzzy's. He told me that when arrow speeds start rising above 275fps that the bolts start to dance. I asked about the G-5's and he said the were excelent with all of the ExoBows that he has sold. He sets them up and sights them in before you walk out. I suspect I will be looking for some G-5's that I have passed on in the past and the local stores. Good luck in what ever you choose.
Tim :)
If you keep a child in the woods and off the streets, I won,t have to deal with them when they grow up.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Yeah my next broadheads will be G5 Montecs also :) When I can afford them, lol.
wabi

Post by wabi »

I'll be hunting with G-5 Montecs this year. The SlickTricks are good, but I had a hard time getting blades last year, so I bought a few extra Montecs.
wabi
terry-1

heads

Post by terry-1 »

Here are some broadheads I own and they all shoot 2" or better groups at 25 yards on goldtip bolts flying over 295fps out of my Exocet. Image