does anyone out there shoot mechanicals?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tigertrout

does anyone out there shoot mechanicals?

Post by tigertrout »

I have a new exomag or exomax I can never remember, its the 1 that shoots 355 fps or better, and a buddy of mine swears by spitfire xp's in his. but I have heard that with the speed of these bows you stand the chance that they may open upon release. I do like the large cutting capabilities of the spitfires. Does anyone have experience with this?
tatman1315

Aftershock Archery

Post by tatman1315 »

Check out Afterskock Archery, They are crossbow certified. I have the Hypershock 125 they fly like feild points , but have not shot at any game will post my findings as of Oct.3. I have an Exocet 200
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

Tigertrout,
I shoot mechanicals and have since 1998. Looooove that Spitfire 125. I do not shoot mechanicals with o rings. The Spitfire is a cam system that does not require an o ring. However, in bad weather (rain or snow) I attach an o ring for insurance. Man it makes an awesome cut and will take some big game down fast. Lots of folks bad rap mechanicals but I find most of the nay sayers have never used them. I shot broadheads and inserts but love the way a mechanical flies when it leaves my Ex. To each his own. The sport imroves through diversity.
Kendo Kid
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

started using them the day they became Ohio legal. ONly deer I ever lost was a clean double lunger-went down a 100 yard ravine and the constabulary told me it was too dangerous to go down after it

Wasps jackhammers and grim reapers
TNC and ACF Member
NFAA and NAA Certified Coach
taxman

mech

Post by taxman »

have taken 2 deer out of my x bow w/ mechanicals. 1 was w/ a spitfire, the other w/ a rocket steelhead. bot deer went less than 50 yards. total pass thrus. the only negative aspect of using mechanicals IMO is that thay are one shot deals. if you dont mind buying new ones, then use them. i have a small box filled w/ 1 shot mech after they have done their job.
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

ttt
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
tigertrout

mechanicals

Post by tigertrout »

well excuse the neophyte....................I guess it is a free to the top.

t..o t...he ...t...op

thanks sliver
TYE

Post by TYE »

I'm tempted to try these beasts!

Buckblaster
maple

Post by maple »

All last season I used only NAP Spitfires. They worked great. This year I'll be shooting them again. No need to go back to broadheads. Never has one let me down (touch wood). No early opening, no glancing off hide. I like the way they are bang on after zeroing in with field points too.
And all the blades come completely apart for cleaning and repair if necessary. If a blade bends or dulls, straighten it or replace it. I use 'em over and over again.