3-d targets

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GA.crossbowhunt

3-d targets

Post by GA.crossbowhunt »

hey guys i need some info on the 3 d deer target that are out their wihch one would be good for target pratice i wll be shooting alumni and carbon in a few months so what wil lbe a good one for target pratice with the ol crossbow thanks rob. :D :D
Herbinator

Post by Herbinator »

I use the Mackenzie Medium deer. Works well except the horses like to eat the ears.... :lol:
TYE

Post by TYE »

I like shooting the block type targets cuz there's more target to shoot... the section on the 3D targets don't seem to last too long...
Herbinator

Post by Herbinator »

Yah, I use a Morelle (sp) Six Shooter block target as well. The 3-D target has a removable/replaceable kill zone. We've shot mine alot and it seems to be holding up quite well.

PS Tye,
How'd the yote hunt go?
PM me as I don't want to hijack GA's thread.
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

I like the Rinehart Targets.. Have shot both aluminum and carbon at them and Mackenzie's and I find the bolts easier to remove from the Rinehart's.. .. :wink:
http://www.rinehart3-d.com/
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Digger

Post by Digger »

I like the rhinehart targets, they can take a little more abuse than the Mackenzies.
When shooting these targets wipe the shaft with liquid Ivory hand soap, makes bolts a bit easier to pull out.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
ALINALBERTA

Post by ALINALBERTA »

Has anyone used a Delta 3-d target? Just wondering how they hold up? Thanks,Al.
GA.crossbowhunt

Post by GA.crossbowhunt »

man them anit no cheap targets looks like i will get the glen del buck , i know things cost but i am on a tight shoestring hunting budget. thanks for the info guys. :D :D
taxman

3 d targets

Post by taxman »

the delta target wont hold up to xbow bolts unless you have something behind it to slow the penetration. the cheap 3d targets dont work well w/ x bow bolts. i use the morrel 3d target. easy 2 finger removal. dont use broadheads in this target--filed points only. that target cost me around $170 us dollars.
ALINALBERTA

Post by ALINALBERTA »

Thanks taxman. I was asking about the Delta target because Canadiantire has them listed in the hunting catalog/flyer they mailed out. Maybe will get one anyway to play around with for the compound.

...Al.
tcthomas

Delta 3D target

Post by tcthomas »

I have used a Delta Riverbottom buck for 2 years now and am very satisfied for the price. I bought it at Walmart for $59.99. I also use a block target so its not the only thing getting shot at.

It stands up very well to the bolts from my 175# Exocet. The replacement vitals are $20

For practice with shot placement at a deer-like target and just for pure variation of something to shoot at, it works very well.

Tim