Crossbows are bad!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

do you consider crossbows a part of archery?

yes
99%
no
1%

Total votes: 74

ch312

Crossbows are bad!

Post by ch312 »

heres a few quotes from archerytalk forums for you guys to have a good laugh at:

A crossbow vote is up on General Archery Discussions

Please vote one way or the Other
its about a 10 year yeao old kid kid in Maryland killed by his crossbow getting down froma tree in October

I maintain Crossbsows are more dangerous than compounds bows

his question was "if he was using a compound, would he still be alive today?" he is obviously against crossbows....

Q: Why did God make crossbow hunters?

A: To give compounders someone to feel superior to.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Crossbows may not belong in the firearm catagory but IMO they don't belong in the archery catagory either. So lets get to distingushing tackle before I resort to name calling!!
If crossbowmen want to stand alone, in a class of their own, with a hunting season of their own then show me where to sign!! I'll even donate some of my hard earn $$$ to make it happen!!

No. No bow arm to control,no release(fingers or mech.) to deal with, just aim and squeeze the trigger...a child can master one in minutes.

The cross bow, as has been pointed out many times, is more akin to a low powered rifle

The reason it will affect the season is that a large number of people who didn't want to take the time needed to use a stickbow will go out and buy x-bows and run out into the woods not possesing the experience needed to use it. No matter what your opinion on crossbows, novice shooters will look at a crossbow and say man that looks easy, just point and shoot. Thus filling the woods with people that have no business being there in the first place.

I think crossbow hunters are dumb.
I think crossbow hunters are lazy.
I think crossbow hunters are worse than poachers...

Does anybody know who invented the crossbow?

It was the late late ancestors of PETA. They designed it to make hunting easier so that there weren't as many wounded animals. When the figured out that there were actually more animals being wounded by crossbows than by vertical bows, they had to change their stance. They continued to manufactur crossbows so that they can use the crossbow vs. verticle bow debate going between archers so that they can have more fuel to outlaw hunting all together.

How's this one...Crossbow hunters love PETA...

just figured id post this because i ever thought that "archers" were so against crossbow users who arent disabled...

funny how ive never heard of people in ontario putting down crossbows like some of those americans :roll:
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:?: WHO & WHY is thiis even on this forum. We all shoot X-BOW'S ! why does this newbie even deserve a responce from sportsman who are in the field and harvest game ,and abide first by all the D.E.P. law's , and second
by all law's we were taught by our teachers (parents)
and uncles (ect.) Tree hugger's and seal suckers , who spent too much of there parents money and time in anti - hunting activity's, and in the crime & sex riddn city's have no idea what it means to be an outdoorsman or woman.!
Remember all the meat you purchase in the local; store grew up hard , and did not have a very good life,or at least a chance to be free , and perhaps hunted and harvested!
Give it a rest !!! The Jane Fonda stuff is long gone and the $$$$$$ behind them is going fast ! so get real people and grow up,!! BIG MAC'S! DONT GROW ON A BUSH !! and a BUSH is no help in a FLOOD!! Sorry for the joke . but that is an other AMERICAN falsehood ,that our leader's realy care about our poor and under privaleged,letalone our hunting right's !!!I
I am sorry too be this way but some thing's just burn my ass and stupidity is one !!
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

I don't really give a rat's a$$ what they have to say over at archery talk or Bowsite!... They think they are better than others and I have no use for that breed, not in my camp and not in my woods. And where I hunt it is "MY" woods, but I don't own the deer on it therefore they are not "MY" deer!!! !...:roll:

I've probably shot more game with vert compounds in my time than most of these guys have even seen out in the field... Just think, whisker biscuits, drop away rests, caliper releases, scopes/peep sites, 80-85 % let-offs, and the list goes on. And these guys think they're better than we are???... I've read the same crap on Ontario forums, even from new guys who have just recently gotten into archery who now think so highly of themselves.... I've recently bought myself a Hoyt V Tec and I have to admit WHAT A MACHINE it is!. I would be willing and be more than happy to compete with any of these head-swelled so- called archers in the woods or on the archery range, it don't matter to me.... Just bring it!... :wink: :lol: :P
Ontario Trophy Bucks
wabi

Post by wabi »

I think the opinion here may be a little biased in favor of crossbows simply because we have had the opportunity to really shoot and hunt with them. I could easily get into the ranting, raving, and re-hashing all the arguments, but there's no need.
They are legal for hunting where I hunt, I can't shoot my longbows well because of shoulder problems, and I love to bowhunt. It isn't hard for me to decide! :wink:
wabi
Rickey

Post by Rickey »

You know guys.... I really don't care what they think. It's legal here, I own one, I'm going to hunt with it, and I don't think God put me here to please them.
Shoot straight and know your target.
To good hunting and good friends!!
Rickey
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

bstout wrote:I don't consider most of those guys to be archers. Owning a bow and arrow doesn't make you an archer any more than owning a pair of ski's will make you a world class ski jumper. Being an archer comes from your gut and not some internet forum.
That was well said, bstout... Very well said!...
Ontario Trophy Bucks
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

bstout wrote:I don't consider most of those guys to be archers. Owning a bow and arrow doesn't make you an archer any more than owning a pair of ski's will make you a world class ski jumper. Being an archer comes from your gut and not some internet forum.
And in my gut I am an archer. I am a hunter. I am a woodsman. I am also open-minded. Choose the way you want to hunt and don't tell me what I do is wrong, or right, because it is MY RIGHT TO CHOOSE!!!

To anyone who opposes hunting with crossbows get your self-righteous, selfish head out of your ass!!
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
bj

Post by bj »

What the ----.........?????.......why would you even post this here...it's bad enough we see this garbage on some of the other forums why put it here...sure i know we don't have to read it right?????...but i'm sure someone else will ...somebody got some time to drive this post into oblivion ?...

Wayne....
ogo

Post by ogo »

I'am sorry, but I think someone has US confused with some one who gives a rat's a**** what other people think***************ogo
ch312

Post by ch312 »

geez guys quit blamin the messenger :(

i never thought that there were so many people against crossbows so i posted some comments so the guys like me would see how bad it really is.

myself, i own an exomax but i plan on buyin a vert in a few years because they are fun to shoot as well.
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

ch312 wrote:geez guys quit blamin the messenger :(
No need for a messenger...
Ontario Trophy Bucks
beaglelvr

crossbows are better

Post by beaglelvr »

i own a cross bow because they are better,you dont have to practice as much and i hunt moose from a canoe with mine,as it is very diificult to shoot a vertical from a canoe.
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

ch312, looks like your getting your boots dirty with this one! :lol: We all already know about the Bowsite morons. Those guys walk around with their heads up their butt and with the horse blinders on! :lol:

Fortunately, these nitwits will go the way of the dodo bird. Crossbows are here to stay and are only getting more and more popular. All their scorns and blither are those of a fearfull few who believe the crossbow will displace/replace the bow. I shoot both crossbow and bow...and only a blown shoulder would stop me from shooting my bow. Their fear is completely misplaced.

Ask which one of these twits ever even shot a crossbow? Yet they are such "experts" of what they know nothing about. Such buffoons! :roll: :lol:
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
John Wade

Advertisers are the ones to contact.

Post by John Wade »

I get a few listeners call in to my radio show and lose it right or wrong I don't sweat it. However, when the advertiser gets called by enough if postential buyers of their product, particulary if they cross advertise the same product in each mag, their ears perk up and if they get enough, you'll see a somebody's going to lose a head, or there will be a retraction. Then we can put an ad of our own in saying,

Xbows rule,
Vertical Bows drule.
No matter the bux, they're still going to sux.
VB's leave home hoping for bucks,
but Xbowers go home with all best bucks.

- XbowCool - The Poet
John Wade the Dog Trainer
www.johnwade.ca
Lee

Post by Lee »

I think the moderators should delete this post. Lee