peep site vrs. scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

buckman

peep site vrs. scope

Post by buckman »

Hello everyone, I am new to crossbows. I just got my first a month ago.
I have a Exocet 200. I am realy enjoying shooting it. At this point I am using the peep site that comes with it. I have read some of your post stating the advantages of using a scope. I would like to here from any of you folks who prefer a peep site. The areas I will be hunting I would be lucky too get a shot over 25yrds. At this point I can not see any advantage using a scope. Does anyone disagree?

Thanks Buckman :)
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

In low light conditions the scope is superior. In general, peeps darken quickly to the point of being almost useless in the last 5 minutes of shooting light.
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
Divemaster920

Post by Divemaster920 »

Buckman
The only advantage [at that distance] to the scope might be in low light conditions and the disadvantage is the scope does add concerable weight to the bow.
CD
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

in kansas you have to use scopes,it is th law,,,,,,,,,try a red dot

hatchet jack
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Buckman I'd go with the peeps, at that distance no problem for deer. Yes the last few minutes of light may be the shits for seeing the deer, but hey, who wants to wound a deer minutes before dark, and then have to find him. It makes your Xbow that much lighter to hold up. Scopes are good in my mind for longer distances, with more powerful Xbows, as long as you know the correct distance. You can still miss with a scope.

Grey Owl
tkstae

Post by tkstae »

I picked out a clear opening to Shoot a nice 6 pt. walking up on me from an unexpeted direction this past Sun. My Vari-zone scoped picked up a small limb that I couldn't see in the low light conditions. In fact I had to move twice more before a clear shot presented itself. Without the scope my story would have an unappy ending. I do realize the importance of shooting lanes but simetimes those things just happen. I vote for the scope. Tom