Thunderhead 100's

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wn

Thunderhead 100's

Post by wn »

I just purchased an exocet 200 my first crossbow. I have shot Thunderhead 100's for many years in my compound. Does any one shoot them in their crossbow. I have plenty of them. I plan to set the bow up today and shoot it. If they fly good I will use them. I am just trying to avoid any headaches.
franklinm

Post by franklinm »

Yes I use them in my exocet , they fly like field point`s , well enough to harvest two six point`s . one last year and one this year so far . :D
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

Been using T-heads for years.
The trick with them is ensure you install the rubber orings and make sure they all spin dead true once screwed into the shaft.
For any fixed blade to fly consistent it, the arrow when assembled must spin true, this will ensure they group consistently.

Now, when using fixed blade heads out of crossbows you want to ensure that you shoot them alongside field points and adjust your sight/scope to them. Usually the main reason fixed blades don't group with field points is because the way a crossbow is cocked inconsistently, and although this affects the field points only slightly, cause a much more dramatic affect with BH's.(Get a cocking device and minimize this possibility).
Another issue with crossbow arrows is the fletching vs BH surface. Fletching on crossbow bolts usually has less helical/offset than it needs because of clearance limitations. Many go with feathers and custom arrows that have more helical than standard mfg supplied arrows have.
This overcomes the broadhead's tendancy to resist spinning in flight and stabilizes the arrow much more quickly than vanes with minimal offset.

OK, now for what you asked:)
Yes Thunderheads are great flying BH's, dead on consistent, sharp blades, readily available blades/parts, and exceptional performance on big game, with pass thru's being the norm.
But then again, Muzzy's wasp's and Barrie are in the same group:)
Matrix 405/Vixen stock -XB 30
Matrix 380/Vixen stock - XB 30
Offspring-XB1
Maxpoint- XB1