stealth cam 35mm problems

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DyHard

stealth cam 35mm problems

Post by DyHard »

The last 3 rolls of film have produced nothing but braches moving back into position. It looks as though the camera is to slow, running 400 speed film.

99 events
71 events
59 events

The game trail is busy and I can't figure why I'm missing the shot.

Has anyone else experienced such problems with their 35mm units?

Is there sensitivity delay or something on these units?

Any info greatly appreciated.

DyHard
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

I have used the same cam for three years and am getting some good pics. However it took me four rolls of film to get any deer. It with pic counts so high, you definately need to make sure any branches are out of the way if the wind causes movement. If weeds are in front of the cam, they can do the same thing, if you just smash them down, they could pop back up (I have the pics to prove it). The direction the cam is facing can also lead to problems. Generally North and South is better than East and West as the sun has caused my camera to go off. The most important advice though is: don't give up.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Kenton is correct, however remember the counter/events still works all though the film has rewinded. I make sure their is no limbs that can move in front and within reason the sides of the cam. I have had the sun set it off only once and relocated it a little. Hang it about 3-4ft up and angled down about 10% and you should get some good results.
JR

Post by JR »

I have the same one dyhard. Place your camera 6' off the ground pointing slightly down (approx 20 degrees) facing north. I was having centering problems, (deer always too far to one side) and I placed some electrical tape blocking the last 1/4" of each side of the PIR (motion sensing lens) and now my deer are always centered on film. I hope this helps. Good luck, they are very good scouting cams. -JR
Stock Exomax and now a Micro 335. :)
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/thebuckhunter/smiley_561gun.gif[/img]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Wow 6ft, what ever works..I might try that but shucks mine is at 4ft and no problems..... :D