excalibur service

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

elk hunter

excalibur service

Post by elk hunter »

:D Let me tell you guys about my experience with excalibur. I bought an exomax last year, my first ever hunting season with a crossbow. I studied long and hard before i finally ordered my excalibur. I sighted it in and was very pleased with every aspect of the max and after less than a dozen shots was feeling very confident with the bow and my ability to shoot it and as you have read on this forum it cost me a few bolts because of not pulling the previous one before shooting again. My first time out i harvested a 5x5 muley, shot at 50yds and went less than 20 before piling up. I did not get my elk with the bow because of my head being where the sun don't shine when he appeared at my stand. Never got a shot, but did get him during rifle, no trophey but sure good eats!
Anyway this year i got a nice antelope buck, and then right in the middle of archery season i broke a limb on my max. I was checking my sight in before going back out and crack! Bolt hit target but way off.I had to come home 250 mile drive while rest of the guys stayed on the mountain. I called excalibur and they promised a set of limbs would be sent next day from there ohio dealer. As i sat home i worked myself into a lather as i live to hunt! i called mr. bill t. himself. First he assured me i would have limbs as promised (2nd day delivery) and not to worry about sending in the broken ones til hunting was done. Then we discussed what may have caused the failure. After a very long and pleasent conversation we concluded that maybe limb just failed or maybe i didn't have bolt fully seated against string which would be almost a dry fire, that of course is not good! I can not honestly say that i did i told him and bills reply was well lets just get you hunting and not worry about it. My limbs showed up as promised and not one but two sets seems the dealer took a set off his own bow and sent me a new set in brown also as he was out of stock at the time.NOW THAT IS SERVICE!!! End of story i harvested a nice mule deer and an antelope doe, no elk again but theres always next year. Thank you bill t. and your ohio dealer especially for getting me hunting again so fast (sorry i forgot his name) and to all you crossbow guys out there try excalibur you won't be disapointed.
wanted good woman, send picture of crossbow, and proof of game cooking skills...
Herbinator

Post by Herbinator »

Similar experience with my Phoenix. Those guys are good! Mine broke before the season though, so I wasn't in as much rush as you. Congrats on the 5x5. I hear the Antelope are plentifull in your neck of the woods. We have them just south of us but it takes a couple years to get a tag.
rtcdir

Post by rtcdir »

The Ohio dealer is most likley Dan Miller of Horizontial Archery. He is very helpfull, and by the way builds great bolts as well.
elk hunter

horizontal archery

Post by elk hunter »

Yep i believe it was dan miller. Sorry dan i lost the shipping tag and well when it's huntin time thats all that is in my little brain. We have plenty of goats here i had three tags this year filled em all. Rifle elk this weekend so getting nuts again.
wanted good woman, send picture of crossbow, and proof of game cooking skills...