What trail cam

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

grizzled47

What trail cam

Post by grizzled47 »

I am now interested in purchasing a trail cam, but don't know anything about them. I would prefer a digital cam, but not too expensive. It's just for interest at the moment, to see what is roaming around here at night. Any info and reccomendations would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks to you guys,
Grizzled.
PS. What kind, and price range. and where can I get one?
If at first you don't succeed...try again!!
Grizzled.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Don't know fer sure about your area, but Wally-Marts has the 35MM for 49.95US, a digital for 98.95US, and a better digital for 250.00US. I'm sure some of the folks on here can give ya a few more places. E-Bay is a good place if you like taking chance's.... :D
grizzled47

What trail cam

Post by grizzled47 »

Thanks Garyl, but I asked at Walmart here in Miramichi, and they never heard of them!! :roll: There are a good few on line, but mainly in the States as far as I can tell. Maybe some of the other forum members know of some. I hope so.
Grizzled.
If at first you don't succeed...try again!!
Grizzled.
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

Best deal around for what you get but they only ship to the US from Walmart. They are a bit more expensive up here in Canada.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=4026288
Digger

Post by Digger »

John, you can order from BassPro these are US prices + you pay shipping charges

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog. ... CCESSORIES
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
wabi

Post by wabi »

My hunting buddy bought a StealthCam digital that included the camera, a CF card to expand memory, a card reader, and a bunch of software for his computer. I like the setup because the CF (compact flash) card can easily be removed for checking the pics, and with 2 cards you can simply switch cards and the camera is taking pics 24-7. The only fault I've found is that it eats batteries. It uses 6 AA batteries and a set of good alkaline batteries lasts only about 5 days. I told him we should try the batteries made especially for digital cameras. Haven't tried them yet, but will in the near future. I have a camera that uses a CF card, and I can read the cards on my computer using my camera as a reader. I'm running Windows98 and he uses WindowsXP on a laptop I sold him. We didn't install any software on his computer, just plugged in the cardreader and windows forund a "new USB device" and asked how we wanted to open it. I clicked "picture & fax viewer" and it took it from there :wink:
Here's a pic it took (I resized it to speed uploading)
BTW - I named the little guy munching corn in the foreground "buttons". See him every day at the feeder, and have used him many times so far as a test subject to practice getting the crossbow into shooting position and remaining calm while concentrating on the hold & trigger squeeze. (with the safety on - and my finger on the front of the trigger guard :wink: ) So far I've had the opportunity to double - lung him about 20 times, but he looks like a promising young fellow, and I'll let him live this winter. Besides, he's taken "spots" in tow and is teaching him the tricks of survival. Spots is the little fawn still in spots, and I was able to get within 10 yards of him on the ground yesterday. Not much meat for the freezer, but it sure keep a person in shape for when a "shooter" does show up :lol: :lol: :lol: Buttons & Spots have shown up together a couple of times now. Hope they both survive the winter and grow up to be monsters :wink:
wabi
Nudo7

Post by Nudo7 »

I know this may be out of the bugget range you want ($395.00 US) but I really like my cuddeback 3.0. Takes great night pics, all of them are almost centered, its so quite I can't even hear it take pictures. Uses 4 D cell batteries and I have had it in the woods for a month now on the same batteries with over 600 pictures taken. Which ever way you go, digital is the best way will save you some money on film. Good luck.
Thats Right!!
Member NRA
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b133/nudo7/Nudo7.jpg[/img]
footed shaft

Post by footed shaft »

I would give the Vigil trail cameras a serious look.I had one for 2 years and it took amazing photos,always centered,lots of flash for bright pictures and it had an sensitivity adjustment on it so you could set it not to trigger on squirrels,coons and skunks.Bill