Do you use a stringer to string your bow???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GonHuntin

Do you use a stringer to string your bow???

Post by GonHuntin »

Just wondering how many of us use stringers to string our Excaliburs???

I have a stringer for carved tip bows but don't need it to string my carved tip Exocet.......my moulded tip Exocet is another story and I may have to invest in a stringer for it........
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Same stringer should work with your magtip, may have too let it out some to fit over the magtip limbs.

Got thinking (bad fer me) they may have made some stringers with a cup/pouch at one end, if so I do not know if it would be adjustable.... :D
TYE

Post by TYE »

I just do what that guy in the video does. Lean to the side with it and wallah. It's a sinch.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

When I bought my first few Excaliburs I never used a stringer. It wasn't until I bought a Phoenix with the new riser and new shorter endless loop string that I had a bit of a problem stringing by hand. I bought a stringer, which helped, but I never liked. Now that I've stretched the string I don't use a stringer, since I find it more trouble than it's worth.

The same goes for the shorter endless loop string, which I find only works with the new risers. On my 175# Exocet and 200# Exomag, I find that the brace height is too much.

When considering all the pros and cons, for my money, I'll go with the FF string everytime.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

Gary

The holes in the nylon pieces are too small to fit over the moulded tips......I could probably open the holes up enough with a file to fit the moulded tip limbs, just haven't tried it yet......

Tye

I can string my older Exocet without any problem.......I can string my newer one using a flemish string without any problem......but trying to put an endless loop string on it is nearly impossible!!

Comfy

Even though I have a stringer for it, I don't use one on my carved tip Exocet......it's easier to do it by hand on that bow......this new one (new 2004) is a different matter.........
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

GonHuntin wrote:I can string my older Exocet without any problem.......I can string my newer one using a flemish string without any problem......but trying to put an endless loop string on it is nearly impossible!!
Initially, I had the same problem with the endless loop string. The reason is two-fold, first the endless loop is shorter than, and has slightly smaller loops than the FF string, second with the new risers, more power/effort is needed to string the bow. Having said that, I've found that after the endless loop string has been used for awhile, stringing by hand is possible for me. However, I don't like the endless loop string, and will not buy another.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
beginner

Post by beginner »

hi friends . i use the stringer at my 2004 vixen deluxe .
normaly i shoot recurve bow ( pse coyote ) . and when i put the bow together i use a stinger because it`s important not to twist the limbs .
that`s why i use a stinger at my vixen .
i have a question about the stringer . there´s a small palstic tube over the string . is it necessary ? becaus after a few uses it has heay use tracks .

greetings beginner
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

your fingers will appreciate leaving that plastic tube on there. good luck
thanks philip