rangefinder's

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

big dog

rangefinder's

Post by big dog »

What brand of rangefinder's are you guy's using and what do you think of the brand your using?I am in the market for 1 and thought you could share some light on the different brand's-Thanks
big dog
I finally met Mrs.right-only I didn't know her first name was alway's
A.W

Post by A.W »

I use the Bushnell Pro Legend and love it. Waterproof and floats. Has zip and scan modes. Works at ranges 15-930 yards.

http://www.bushnell.com/products/rangef ... -0003w.cfm
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Them dang things cost too much for me to buy one. I just sticking to the guessing with my naked eyes.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Are you only going to use it for archery related purposes? Do you have good, compact, binos?

I've owned two different models of Bushnell laser rangefinders. They're OK.

I now have the Leica 1200 Scan model, and although it is pricey, it's the best buy for my purposes. I can use it as well in firearms applications because it has the distance capability I need. Also, the optics are so sharp I don't need compact binoculars. That makes it the best buy, in my opinion.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
North2South

Post by North2South »

I use a Bushnell Scout...Works great for me (beats MY naked eye guessing anyway)... :wink: But once you get the distances down from your stand, it helps to put reminder markers out at 15, 20, 25, 30 yard points to help you to CALMLY range the animal since the "fever" :shock: tends to come upon us when the moment finally arrives...especially if you, like me, have been snuck up on. :?
You can take the boy South...
But y'all can't take the North outta him!

Time spent in the tree...is time well spent!
big dog

Post by big dog »

Thanks guys,
I think I will go with the leica-the optics are superb and the lowlight or last light of the day viewing is incredible-a bit pricey,but you get what you pay for-and like you said I can use it during slug season and rifle season,plus varmint hunting-just wanted to hear a few other views-has anybody got a used 1 for sale?
big dog
I finally met Mrs.right-only I didn't know her first name was alway's
Deer Dave

Post by Deer Dave »

I have a Leica 900 Scan Model for a couple of years now. Yes, you get what you pay for. I had looked thru all the other brands at Cabelas , and the sharpness, clarity and yardage readout by far surpassed all the others. No need to carry binocs. either as the Leica is 8X. It is a lifetime investment.

Dave
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

I agree you get what you pay for. I use a Nikon Buckmaster its about the middle of the line I would say. And I love it! After using it for a couple of years I couldnt hunt without it.
TNhunterKMC

Post by TNhunterKMC »

Here's another endorsement of the Leica range finders. I have the 900 LRF scan model and the optics in it are much better than all other models. If you don't go with the Leica - check out the Nikon Monarch 800 series. It is a little smaller and optics come in a close second when I was checking into getting mine. The one thing I like about the Leica better than the Nikon Monarch is the fact that the Leica has the red led readout instead of the black lcd readout. It makes it easier to see in lowlight conditions.
Quickshot

Post by Quickshot »

I use the same a A.W. the bushnell pro legend. I love it.
enjoy the woods
Doug