Dry Fired It! Help BillT!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boltshooter

Dry Fired It! Help BillT!

Post by Boltshooter »

:cry: Darn it, I was afraid this would happen! I was just sighing in my new red dot, and forgot to load a bolt. on the fourth shot. The bow is an Exomax. There was nothing spectacular. The shot sounded a little different than normal, but not really loader, and there was more vibration than normal. The db bars are maybe bent a tiny bit. The string did not break, but it came off. Both limbs appear totally undamaged on the side facing the target. Both limbs have tiny splinters raised on the other side. The splinters are about even with the dissapator pads. They are both on the edges of the limbs, one side on the top, one side on the bottom. They appear really tiny to me: the fiberglass doesn't even appear to be cracked, just the paint. If the fiberglass is cracked, it is just a tiny amount. I could probably peel the splinters right off without causing any further damage to the limbs. They are both less than an inch and a half long, and about an eighth of an inch wide. Should I just glue the splinters down with epoxy, and forget about it, or do I need new limbs? I tend to be an obsessive worrier, and these splinters are so tiny that they seem insignificant even to ME! Then again, I don't have any experience with this sort of thing. What should I do? What do you think BillT?
"BORDERS, LANGUAGE, AND CULTURE"
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

NEW LIMBS....e-mail Excalibur.
Boltshooter

Post by Boltshooter »

Just measured the splinters. As far as I can tell from visual inspection with a magnifying glass, both splinters are no more than a sixteenth of an inch wide, and the longest one is a little over an inch long. I havn't tried to raise them. Are you guys sure I couldn't just get a little epoxy on the end of a pin and smear it under the splinters, and clamp them?
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Boltshooter talk to Bill T. first, he is super to work with and I am sure he will tell you what you should do. I would at the lest send the limbs to Excalibur and let them check them out. Think SAFETY first.... :!:
Boltshooter

Post by Boltshooter »

Good idea GaryL. Should I glue the splinters before I send the limbs to excalibur, or let them do the repair?
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

As is....Smart move.... :D e-mail Excalibur and get their advice first.
Boltshooter

Post by Boltshooter »

I just sent BillT a PM.
Boltshooter

Post by Boltshooter »

Just noticed, my last post was my 100'th post. Lucky sign :wink: for sure!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

The Pistoleer

Post by The Pistoleer »

I did the same yesterday. I just recieved some new bolts and the first one I was going to try sounded funny and I couldn't find the bolt. Later my grandson found it off to the side. I guess it must have fell off as I walked over to where I was going to shoot from. :oops:

I e-mailed Bill T. and he thought my Vixen would be fine. he said Vixens are tough.

Of course it wasn't an Exomax :?

Pete
Be Safe, Have Fun
TYE

Post by TYE »

I accidentaly dry fired my Pheonix once. Nothing hapened to it. I was target practising with my buddy's and they got me distracted and I took my shot and it went THOING! I couldn't see where the bolt went then I looked in my quiver and seen 4 bolts. :oops: Good thing nothing happened to the bow.