Vane Colours

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

it dosent , just a little easyer to pull out when they go in deep, more area to grab
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
TYE

Post by TYE »

Okay so it doesn't do anything for arrow flight?
The Pistoleer

Post by The Pistoleer »

Very nice Grey Wolf!! :D How much do you get for a half dozen carbons? I really like the orange on white or the yellow on red.

Pete
Be Safe, Have Fun
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:D I get $85.00 a dozen shiped , half that for 6 . I have about 5 dozen more to make up this weekend , e-mail me if you want to order with your color choice and vane or feathers , 4" or 5" and I will put you on the list, about 4 days before I can get them shiped
[email protected] Thanks GREYWOLF
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
TYE

Post by TYE »

Hmm, I may just have to look into this... :)

Do they come with fieldtips?
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

I use 2 white and 1 light grey feathers in my vertical rigs.
I believe white fletching is the best for seeing shot placement, seeing evidence of a good hit from afar(blood) and the most visible 99% of the time. I suppose that 1 brite colored fletching would be a bit better for snow conditions, but white is hard to beat most of the time.

There is another problem with using white besides the snow thing, which even with snow the nock/shaft contrast enough to locate it pretty easy.
The other issue with white became apparent to me one morning while pulling up my bow into my stand....I noticed about 60 yards away that a doe was standing frozen in her tracks watching my bow sway as I pulled it up. About 2 seconds later she bolted with her tail in the air! White is a danger sign for white tails, and anything white and moving(especially 6 white fletched arrows about the same size as a "tail") mean danger. You are also vulnerable while stalking in and out of your stand.
I dealt with this by making an elastic banded camo slip cover to pull over my fletching. I made it out of an old pair of gore tex fleece pants so it is also waterproof(not that this is important because I also use feather powder to waterproof) but regular fleece/ cotton will be as effective.
I should patent the idea..you can buy the fabric and elastic for about 5$ to make one of these, and on a crossbow I imagine it would be even more beneficial because of the quiver's position snagging fletching in brush etc.
Another benefit I found is if you shoot with your quiver on, it also quiets the vibration from your arrows, while on stand it also keeps the shafts from clanking against metal too.

I made mine so it comes up all the way to the quiver bracket.
I first tried this with velcro, but velcro is awful loud in the woods:)
Matrix 405/Vixen stock -XB 30
Matrix 380/Vixen stock - XB 30
Offspring-XB1
Maxpoint- XB1
The Pistoleer

Post by The Pistoleer »

Greywolf, I am set for now but might order some this winter. I would imagine that things slow down in January.

Pete
Be Safe, Have Fun
JR

Post by JR »

I prefer white and fluorescent orange -JR

Stock Exomax and now a Micro 335. :)
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/thebuckhunter/smiley_561gun.gif[/img]
dsr

Post by dsr »

:shock: I think that you have to be careful about vane colour choices as some of them may act as reflectors.My son and I were out hunting together some time back and he had a compound bow. He had clear, red nocks on his arrows and from 75 to 100 yd away they actually glowed like a light or reflector as the sun went down that evening. That could be a life saving warning to an alert buck and the big guys don't get big by being unawares.
If you are still alive your mission here on Earth must not be completed.

Old rock hounds never die.They just slowly petrify.