Metal Detectors

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bucktail

Metal Detectors

Post by Bucktail »

Whites DFX.

When I'm not hunting with the EXOMAX, I'm hunting with the DFX.

Saving the coins I find for a Phonix.

Bucktail
The Pistoleer

Post by The Pistoleer »

I really would love to own one of the top line metal detectors but what I do have is a Sears model.

I bought it for $25.00 at a garage sale. The guys wife said as I paid him. "You just paid over $100 for that!" :D

I have found many arrows, lost pistol brass, tools and even a neighbor's diamond ring. It has more than paid me back the $25.00 :D

Pete
Be Safe, Have Fun
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Garret GTI 2000, Tesoro Toltec II, my number 1 hobby. Have a number of super old ones.... :D On good days like Bucktail I is metal detecting, any where I can.... :D
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Metal Detectors are great, now if they would only make a carbon arrow detector. :wink:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
terry-1

whites

Post by terry-1 »

I have a Whites Classic III I bought about 7 years back. I use it all the time finding stuff I lost in the grass at the farm and looking around old homesteads looking for burried treasure(no luck yet). My buddy got me interested and I am glad its a fun hobby and is better for you then sitting at home watching TV.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

terry-1 you sure got that right.... :D

ComfyBear you can find carbons as long as they got the metal or brass inserts.... :D :wink:
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Hey, now this is an interesting topic!

What brand/model is recommended? What features are desirable/unnecessary? How much should one have to pay to get a decent model?
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Hi5 wrote:Hey, now this is an interesting topic!

What brand/model is recommended? What features are desirable/unnecessary? How much should one have to pay to get a decent model?
http://www.kellycodetectors.com/indexmain.htm

Check it out, give you a :idea: .... :D
The Pistoleer

Post by The Pistoleer »

GaryL thanks for the link. Very interesting site. I wonder if there are any metal detecting forums like this one for crossbows. It might be interesting to join one. I know even less about metal detectors than I did about crossbows when I joined here :D

Pete
Be Safe, Have Fun
ogo

Post by ogo »

Just about 3 hour's ago I was helping my son look for a bolt in a knee high hay field. After about a half hour search we found it, a clean miss, I told my son we got to get a metal detector. Now, just how good of one do we need?. How much can we expect to pay? thanx***************ogo
peter p

Post by peter p »

I was just thinking about a metal detector when I shot at a doe on Saturday afternoon and couldn't find my arrow. :x
I went back the next morning and my son found it and of course no blood on the arrow. :cry:
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Ok cut to the chase guys whats the best detector out there..not most $$$ but best for the buy for the hobbie..Ive been wanting to do it but have not because I know nothing about it..HELP
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

jh45gun is correct a middle of the line detector would serve ya well.

The Pistoleer the Sears model you have was made by white and a good detecter and should be a TR model. Their are a number of metal dector forums, Whites, Garrett, and Fisher all has their own forums.

Hoss check the link above and you can read a little about most all of them, however as jr45gun stated don't believe all ya read as half of it is just BS.

It is one hobby that can pay fer it's self "IF YOU USE IT" sitting in the closet they dont work too good. When you first start you have a learning curve as with most things you do. If anyone should get one get one with NOTCH descrimination if you can as it cut's down digging a lot of junk such as foil, bottle caps, pull tabs, ect.... :D
Divemaster920

Post by Divemaster920 »

I love my Minelab Excalibur 1000.
Great at finding my arrows and good down to 200ft.
CD
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Best finds in the WATER Divemaster920 and one super detector..$.. :D A number of detectors are now using the Multiple Frequency technology but a lot of pro's and con's on that. Sorta like Xbows VS vert. archery.... :roll: :wink: :wink: :wink: