tunning cross bow bolts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GA.crossbowhunt

tunning cross bow bolts

Post by GA.crossbowhunt »

what the best way to tune your crossbow bolts. i am swtiching from alumni to carbon and was wondeing how to tune them.i am using a 125 gr muzzy broad heand on my beamans carbon. do the broad head have to be inline with the fletching or wha?t thanks rob. :D :D
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:?: Personally I havent had to tune a arrow or bolt in 3 years since I switched to SLICK TRICKS and NITRONS they fly perfect right out of the box ,,and kill dead as dead can be with a huge entrance and exit hole. TRy some and your delema is over
[img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/ ... olt002.jpg[/img][/img]
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

GA.crossbowhunt if you are using vented BH's should not be any tuning or very litte to do. Where you run in to trouble is with fixed two blade BH's, then you need to line up with your cock feather and use some good offset or helical fletch. This would give you the spin to help straighten up your flight, for tighter groups.

I am sure bstout or one of the others will give you some pointers on this matter.... :D

Just my .25 cents.... :wink:
Jesuslovesyou

Post by Jesuslovesyou »

As greywolf said, just get some slicktricks. I just got a crossbow about a month ago. I was wondering about tuning them myself. I put the 100 gr. slicktricks on there and they hit just like my field points. No tuning at all.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world throught him might be be saved. John 3:17