Important ! save a tree ....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

R.J.

Important ! save a tree ....

Post by R.J. »

I have read how important to the world it is to save trees in the rain forest etc. due to the impact on the enviroment !

Well it never really sunk in ..... until the tree in question turns out to be one of your favorite tree stand trees that has produced many opportunities on nice bucks over the years ! :lol: :lol:

I've been relegated to just light walking and scouting lately .... to my surprise I found this the other day :shock:

With some well placed pressure treated splints , some 1 x 1 weld wire , and paint .... it should survive the season .... but will die by next year for sure ...... hope the patch , last's the season !

I think the only thing that has held the tree up during the last few wind storms before the wood splint repair , is the 20 ft steel spine ladder bolted and chained to the backside of the tree ! :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: The things we do to put meat on the table ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Good work fixing it up, should do fer the rest of the season. Super pictures nice view.... :D I would say a couple of beavers at work there.. :lol: :wink:
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Yep Gary , a whole family of beavers has moved in and are doing some damage .... the irrigation ditch has been dammed up around the farmers field and is causing him some draining problems ..... the dam has been pulled out 3 times now .... I put 1 adult down , the township and a private trapper have taken care of a few others , but obviously we haven't got the ring leader and some of his crew !

Biggest problem for me is it is the only tree in the entire field area ! It has been a generation scrape tree for approx 15 years ..... I'm going to miss it when it goes !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

That tree sure looks like it's had it! ...but I wonder? Isn't there a tar like product you can cover that bitten up portion and save the tree?
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.