Rocky boots - CONSUMER ALERT

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

billert

Rocky boots - CONSUMER ALERT

Post by billert »

Has anyone else's Rocky boot's soles worn completely or cracked? Please post your Rocky boots experience here. I am trying to return my boots and they are giving me a significant amount of resistance. Unfortunately, I do not have a receipt for my purchase. Please include pics if you can, I am trying to get a refund or replacement for my boots.
Where's the deer?
TNhunterKMC

Post by TNhunterKMC »

How old are those boots? They look very similar to model I have that are at least 7 years old - maybe more.
billert

Post by billert »

They are pretty old. The soles cracked pretty soon after I bought them but I never pursued a refund. Ever since the soles crumbled like they were dipped in acid. I found out later on that I wasn't the only one and if it wasn't such a common problem I would just toss them out. Here is another pair....

You can read more about Rocky boot's problems here:

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=237145
Where's the deer?
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

I have owned Rocky boots for years but I have bought my last pair.....

I am happy to show and tell what you get with Rocky boots.....I tell everybody that mentions buying Rockys.......they are junk and they don't stand behind the product!!!

This is my experience with Rocky boots.....soles that disintegrate and come off in chunks!

stump

Post by stump »

billert, following is a post about Rocky boots. Before I decided not to buy them I contacted the company and asked if they were having problems with the soles. They wrote back and basically told me that the top end boots were well made and the company would stand behind them, but if you didn't go top end, too bad so sad. They weren't making any excuses, they simply said it cost too much to make a good quality sole. I bought Irish Setters.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... c&start=15
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

You get what you pay for!...
Ontario Trophy Bucks
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

LoneWolf wrote:You get what you pay for!...
Not when you buy Rocky boots!!!

If you look at the photo I posted.......the soles on my boots were not wore out.......they just came apart. While they are not the most expensive boot available, I paid good money for those boots......they weren't free......I certainly did not get what I paid for!!!
billert

Post by billert »

Yes I agree. I paid VERY good money for these boots. In excess of $200 and they were not good quality. These boots fool you because they are priced and look like good quality boots, when in fact the soles are garbage.
Where's the deer?
billert

Post by billert »

Thanks GonHuntin for the picture. The only way to protect people is to pass this message along.
Where's the deer?
beaglelvr

Post by beaglelvr »

irish setters are no better,i paid over 200 bucks for mine and they are in the back of my truck,as i am going on a dump run this morning,wish i could find boots that are not made in friggin china.
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

I don't know what kind ( model ) you guys have pictured but they don't look anything like the Rocky boots I have (Thinsulate 1000).

I payed over $200.00 for them and so far so good with the soles after two years, no sign of any desintagration of the soles yet on these boots..

Ontario Trophy Bucks
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

LoneWolf

"YET" would be the key word in your post! :D

Maybe your boots have soles made of a different material.......but the fact remains, Rocky knows there is a problem and won't stand behind the product.
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

i have a pair of rocky boots that are over 20 years old. i have worn every hunting season , they sitll have a little tread left.

h.j. :D
billert

Post by billert »

It seems like good soles are hit and miss. Some had quality material and some did not.

You may also feel free to contact the company directly through their website www.rockyboots.com and the Canadian rep. Bob Rutter at [email protected] or the US rep. Jean Maynard at [email protected]

If you belong to other forums post your rocky boots experiences with them as well and be sure to post a link back here so I can track the information spread.
Where's the deer?
buckeye

Post by buckeye »

I have worn Rocky boots for the past 11 years and never have had a problem. I currently have a pair of the Bear Claws 2 that I paid $160.00 us dollars for and over the last 2 years I am very pleased. That being said; I don't think I will ever buy another pair of Rocky's again for 2 reasons. The first reason is that I made sure the the last pair I purchased was still made right here in Southern Ohio before they moved to China or what ever Asian country they were moving to. I think all the Rocky's made now are not as good as they used to be. The second reason is I believe they are way over priced now. They moved overseas to stay competitive and yet they are still very expensive. I also purchased a pair of Lacrosse boots two years ago for turkey hunting and early bow season as they only have a small amount of insulation. I only paid $ 52.00 and they are a great boot. No leaking, no cracking and no fading of the cordura camo uppers. The 800 gram full thinsulate boot at that time was only $87.00. So next time I need boots I think I'll stick with Lacrosse.
Last edited by buckeye on Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
BUCKEYE

A man who makes no mistakes usually doesn't make anything at all.