Got a trail cam!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

grizzled47

Got a trail cam!!

Post by grizzled47 »

Hi guys,
My Trail-cam arrived today! Just got to figure it out now. It seems to be a rather simple set up, but no doubt I will do something wrong!! :roll:
I was surprised to find that there was no battery included, but I had one in a flash lamp, so i managed to put in the date etc. it advisers a battery change at 20%, so I need one as my lamp battery is showing 13%!! :cry: Would I be better off with a rechargable battery?? what do you guys use? I also need a SD memory card. Do I use the standard, or high-res image? How much are the SD cards? Sorry, but it's all new to me :oops: I know about SLR's and video etc, but trail-cams....Zilch!!
Any info will be appreciated.
Thanks,
grizzled.
If at first you don't succeed...try again!!
Grizzled.
doubledrop

Post by doubledrop »

what kind did you get if you asked at walmart was it a moultrie digital with the 6 volt battery if so then i would get the rechargeable batt. cuz they do like them i have the moultrie and i love it they have worked great for me but im getting a couple of rechargeable batterys real soon as for the sd cards i got 2 of the 128 mb so you can just take one out put the other in and head back to the house and look away depends on brand and size anywhere from $12- $40. good luck and any other questions feel free to ask away ill try and help out oh ya as for the reolution i use the standard and they are really good pics Curt