Darn Deer Ticks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

Not to sure exactly, what a deer ticks looks like. I've had ticks stuck to me many times but i don't think it was the deer tick. Was that injury related to lymes desease or just your skin reacting?
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Hey the ticks are bad in my area so i wear that stuff called Ryno skin...there is know way one can get to ya in that stuff...

http://www.rynoskin.com/
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Digger

Post by Digger »

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Herbinator

Post by Herbinator »

We don't have them that much up here. We do have wood ticks though, and from what understand, they don't carry Lyme disease. A few years back they were really bad.

I keep a tick remover in my pack. It gets in deep and pulls the head out. A good way to get them out if you are with a smoker (or are one), burn the ticks butt a bit with the smoke and it will slowly back out on it's own.

jh45gun, are you sure you removed the whole tick? Sometimes when you pull it out with your fingers, the body comes out but the head stays in and get deeper. It can stay alive for quite a while before dying, the whole time sucking away....
Lyn-X

Post by Lyn-X »

the last bite i had from those little guys took over 1 year to heal. didn't get sick, though.
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

brother in law & i went fishing hunting in southern ks. got loaded with those little b-------, we call them seed ticks had red rings around the bites, had to take 14 big blue pills to keep down lime diease.

h.j.