ground blind

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

duber

ground blind

Post by duber »

I am going to purchase a ground blind so i can get my daughters out with me . Seems to be the way to go to as my oldest is not real confident with hieghts . I am looking for suggestions on which one to buy . It has to be big enough for a large man (270 , 6foot) and a 8 year old . Also do you think it is too late to set it up for this year without spooking everything out of my spot ?Worse comes to worse we will just set it up in the yard and get out the beans. :wink:
The Pistoleer

Post by The Pistoleer »

I have a Penthouse which is real big. It's a bit of a pain to fold back up until you get the hang of it. I have heard of several people who have set up a ground blind and had deer near it with in minutes. They tend to ignore the blinds.

Pete
Be Safe, Have Fun
Digger

Post by Digger »

I'm using the Ameristep doghouse blind that is 60 in. sqare and 68 in. tall, you may have to bend a bit but fits me to a tee. AW is a six footer and he likes his. It has shoot thru mesh, window tie downs and a shodow guard interior. Says it handles 3 people and is 14 lbs
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
doubledrop

Post by doubledrop »

i got a double bull matrix with the 360% window that is totally adjustable for your height or the terrain it is awesome i have had mine set up in 5 or 6 different places and had 2 bucks and 2 does within 10 yards the bucks werent big enough so they got to walk but the one doe wasnt so lucky i wouldnt worry about setup in a new place yet this year if its close quarters with the deer just brush it in double bull comes highly recommended by me more money but well worth it super easy set up and takedown thats a BIG plus when its dark and you are trying to do it very very quiet unobstructed window view they are awesome
BigBird-VA

Post by BigBird-VA »

Double Bull. I've been taking my 11 yr old and now the 17 yr old hunting. They really like it. The younger one took 2 gobblers this spring in the blind.
I took my first xbow deer from a same day set up and hunt. Pick your spots and brush the roof line and you'll be surprised how close they come in to look - if they even spot it. I dropped my duaghter off last weekend in the blind and when I came back she said a deer actually bumped the blind before light. The tracks were there to prove it too. There is a certain amount of curiosity in a deer and they see something but can't figure it out or see nothing. Either way you get the shot. I get winded a lot less in the blind than in a tree where I hunt. You do not need to have it up for a time if it's brushed in a little.
A.W

Post by A.W »

You could fit into a doghouse with an 8 year old and some gear but that would be it.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

:lol: :lol: I still have an Outhouse and a Doghouse in Tango Camo available...........EMAIL ME DIRECTLY if interested! Brampton Mike 8)

[email protected]
Last edited by Brampton Mike on Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
duber

Post by duber »

Thanks for all the opinions and advice guys . Brampton Mike i sent you a e-mail . The information available on this board is invaluable and can save alot of heartake and needless expense . Thanks again everyone.