$15 For A Couple Hours Of Entertainment

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Deergetter

$15 For A Couple Hours Of Entertainment

Post by Deergetter »

Found a line of Scrapes and Rubs last week below the house.We went down put up a Stand Saturday.Monday wind wasn't right.

This morning its cold,nice frost,light wind out of the North.Perfect!!!! :D

One problem my stomach was upset.Finally get off the pot. :x Get ready,head on down there.Get on up in the Stand.Get my Headnet and Gloves on.My Water Bottle falls to the ground :x Just set there stomach is rolling plus my Lasix is trying to work :x I setting there thinking how far away I want to go paint a tree :oops:

I thought well the heck with this,I'm going to see if I can get them Deer to do something.Looked at my Grunt Call :x I thought at first I had just lost the Tube,got to looking more I had lost the guts too :x .Thats ok,I'll just use my mouth.

So I start Rattling and Grunting.Go to hang my Antlers up on a limb,string breaks one falls to the ground :x So I throw the other one on the ground.

I look up in the brush 25 yards nice Buck,well seen a little opening,thought I'll stop him there.I BAAAA at him he stops,hit a sprout and miss :x Well this is going normal!!!

Well I didn't recock my Bow.Pull my Headnet and Gloves off.I'm setting there.Look in front of me,another nice Buck heading right for me.My crank to cock my Bow is in my pack :x I'm trying to get it,he is still coming.I knew it wasn't going to work but I had to try :x He gets 10 yards from me,didn't notice me,I'm cranking.He finally looked up,I'm still cranking.He goes out another 10 yards.Did the head bob.I get cocked,go to put an arrow in.Thats all he could take,he was out of there :x

Decided I was having way too much fun and needed to go to the house.As always picked up a distroyed $15 Arrow .Found the guts to my Grunt call up in my driveway.

Deergetter
TYE

Post by TYE »

Sounds like fun to me.... :lol:
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

The deer got me started hunting, but that is exactly the type of story that keeps me hunting. Worth righting an article about. Thanks for sharring
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
JR

Post by JR »

Sounds like a typical day in the woods for a few of us from our camp. It could happen to anyone. It hunting was always text book perfect, there wouldn't be too many of us out there. Thanks for sharring. -JR
Stock Exomax and now a Micro 335. :)
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/thebuckhunter/smiley_561gun.gif[/img]
curmudgeon

Post by curmudgeon »

:)
Sounds a lot like some of my hunt's. So get back out there, cause if it was easy it wouldn't be no fun. Get er done. :)
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

Deergetter,
I had a similar experience last week. though I must say your luck was both better and worse than mine. Read the post "Not Now" and you will see what I mean.
Kendo kid
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
BigBird-VA

Post by BigBird-VA »

Bad as it was it still beats the alternative. I think all of us have had a morning like that before.
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

:lol: ..."sh*t out of luck" has a whole new meaning! There's always tomorrow! :wink:
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Ever notice that on the days where everything seems to be perfect you never see a deer? :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi
hockeyfodder

Post by hockeyfodder »

Wow, what a day...sounds like you were lucky to make it home alive...I'd go buy a lottery ticket...your luck has got to change... :)
A.W

Post by A.W »

hockeyfodder wrote:Wow, what a day...sounds like you were lucky to make it home alive...I'd go buy a lottery ticket...your luck has got to change... :)
Yup. Buy a lottery ticket....Just not in Canada. :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
huntman

Post by huntman »

Well you know what they say "When it rains it pours"