Help please...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

exohuntr

Help please...

Post by exohuntr »

I am trying to install a FFF string on my Exocet 200 and I have some questions. When I put it on if it is to short can I twist just one side of string , or do I need to twist both sides? How long will it take to stretch and then stablize? I want to hunt with it tomorrow but I do not want to have to adjust it in the stand. If I leave it strung tonight will it be finished stretching by tomorrow? If the string is in between the two lines is it safe to shoot. When you say measure the brace height how do I do that? Where do I measure from/to? I know these may sound like stupid questions, but I need to learn somehow...Exohuntr
GaryL

Re: Help please...

Post by GaryL »

exohuntr wrote:I am trying to install a FFF string on my Exocet 200 and I have some questions. When I put it on if it is to short can I twist just one side of string , or do I need to twist both sides? How long will it take to stretch and then stablize? I want to hunt with it tomorrow but I do not want to have to adjust it in the stand. If I leave it strung tonight will it be finished stretching by tomorrow? If the string is in between the two lines is it safe to shoot. When you say measure the brace height how do I do that? Where do I measure from/to? I know these may sound like stupid questions, but I need to learn somehow...Exohuntr
The complete string will twist exohunter.

Twist it to a brace height of 1 1/2" should stretch down over night, the best way of course is to shoot it in.

To set you brace height see.... http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... php?t=9824

Between the two lines is ok.... :D

Sighting it in should stretch your string.... :D
DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

And yes, you only need to turn one end of the string to make adjustments.
A.W

Post by A.W »

Don't unwind it too much though.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.