crazy coyotes!!!!!!! they et my deer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bowhunter4334

crazy coyotes!!!!!!! they et my deer

Post by bowhunter4334 »

hi all,
well, a good day to be out, and i was out before light, guess i was anxious to be out

there i am, sitting in a tree, waiting for bambi to show up, when i hear this posse of coyotes going nuts.........it was 8 30 in the morning.........? isnt that a little out of character for them, ive heard them early evening to late late, but never in the morning

all this to say, sounded like 20 of them, just a couple of hundred yards away from me..........i guess they got bambi before she showed up to visit me........

about 5 minutes later, they started singing again.........eeerie or what

it used to bother me, the fact i might run into a bear in that abandoned orchard, but i came to terms with that, and figured my chances weren't that bad

but a pack of coyotes? on the scent of blood? any opinions out there?

their singing put a chill in my spine like i didnt think i would ever get

anyhow, i ended the hunt early, didn't think any deer would come to me after that mess

note: i was hunting marlboro forest, south of richmond (ottawa) ontario

anyone nearby?

thanks

bowhunter4334
Humans are hunters and gatherers by nature, although most do it in grocery stores these days......Reality isn't what it used to be !
A.W

Post by A.W »

Maybe you could set up some where away from your spot and try calling them in and let them have it with some buckshot. (small game licence)

I have some up at/around my property and I may just try it myself.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
Herbinator

Post by Herbinator »

I hear them almost every morning before the sun comes up. Don't know what the heck they are doing. But they sure are goin nuts! I wouldn't worry about them though. A small carbine or shotty may give piece of mind. :wink:
mblaney

Post by mblaney »

Greely, Osgoode area. Lot of coyotes now; they are thick enough that cattle and horses avoid the bush. I get chorused to sleep almost every night.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

My guess is that you have a parent and litter making a fuss. You know how noisy teenagers can be....sounds like dozens of folks when it's only a couple.

Game hear it all the time and won't be especially bothered, normally.

I expect they are mainly making noise to announce their territory. If they were on the hunt, they wouldn't be that noisy.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

It seems like the mornings or evenings I hear (or see) coyotes, I see less deer. They don't appear to be terrified of them, but just tend to avoid them. Very few of the little dogs around here this year.
Adam

Post by Adam »

we lost a deer to coyotes this morning as well, it was hit and down and we went to pick up the deer about 1.5 hours later and the smallest had been chewed on quite a bit. 2 coyotes were 10 yards from our stands.