Crossbow choice

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MichiganBill

Crossbow choice

Post by MichiganBill »

I'm in the market for a new crossbow and after doing extensive research, have decide to purchase a Excalibur. I currently own a 10-year old Horton Sportsman, has a wood rifle-like stock, is very lightweight, small, and islots of fun. I have taken many deer with it. However, technology has obviously passed it by as it shoots at about 220 fps and I really can't trust its trigger mechanism any longer. (fyi- i hunt in MI with a physical disability permit)

So, please tell me what features and benefits made you select the Excalibur crsossbow model that you did in order to help me decide for myself. Any/all information is appreciatedl.
Digger

Post by Digger »

I was shooting a barnet recurve in '91 when I came apart in my hands, the next week I picked up an excal Wolverine, their only model at the time and never looked back since then. I have owned 4 Wolverines, 5 Vixens, 2 Paradoxs, an Exocet and an Emag since. I have never found a better hunting xbow or a xbow with a better trigger and easy maintenance. I still have the Vixens and Paradoxs.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Beaver

Post by Beaver »

I am another Vixen fan. I like the ability to cock it with a rope aid, it is extremely accurate( less than 2/12 inch at 35 yards with Muzzy 100 grain 4 blade) with a 28 inch draw it would take a 70 pound compound with an IBO speed of 315 fps to equal it power wise. I also like the looks of the Vixen as I don't care for camo :shock:

I have been told that I have a Wednesday bow as mine has an especially crisp trigger and a rail that is smoothe like it had been polished :D
I never was as good as I used to be.
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

digger,,, in 14 years you have had 12 x bows.

1#-- you are not married.
2#-- you have a understanding wife
3#-- you buy & sell x bows for a $
4#-- you are the great white hunter
5#-- you are a collector of x bows

HE HE HATCHET JACK
Digger

Post by Digger »

Some of #3 and a lot of #5. I counted 13 Excals Jack.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Digger you and I are close, I have parted with a Vixen with accuradraw, and one of my 185lb Exomags. I still have a Relayer, Point Blanc, Deer hide Vixen, 2-Wolverines, older Exocet 165LB, with light limbs, Phoenix, 200Lb Exocet, 200LB Exomag, 225LB ExoMax..... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!